Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epic sigh, today will haunt me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Epic sigh, today will haunt me

this app spree will haunt me for 2 years at least, to the garden I go... went over board but got approved for Amex blue delta sky miles, chase freedom unlimited, Barclays Apple card, and maybe something else. Lost track Smiley Sad I’m disappointed in myself a bit but will have to get under control!
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Epic sigh, today will haunt me

Had some denials too, a couple years and I will fully recover!! Trying to think positive!!
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals! Now, can you share what you came away with in terms of approval starting limits and APR, if known? That may help to determine whether or not this was as bad as you seem to think. Also, can you share your data points (i.e., scores, inquiries and AAOA)?
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with the other poster, some data points would be great to understand if this is as negative as you think it is. Also just curious why the Blue Delta card vs the Gold? Bc no AF?

Message 4 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

High, Sigh, Bye...been there done thatSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that in October. 6 months of rehab in the garden and I’ll be good. Congrats!
Message 6 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, how many total applications did you submit?

There appears to be some successes and by the same token, were you applying just to apply and see what all you'd get approved for or were there some goals in mind with the types of CCs you selected?

You mentioned "maybe something else" which almost indicates there wasn't some sort of solid planning involved if you don't remember most of your spree! 😁
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals..  Gardening is hard to do.  I've never actually made it to the garden.  103+ Inquiries, but hey, I still turn out approvals. 

Message 8 of 27
happypill
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Had some denials too, a couple years and I will fully recover!! Trying to think positive!!

You'll recover in 3-6 months and be in a stronger position to submit even more apps.  Congrats.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, not a bad experience, just unplanned, kind of apped just on a whim (and a few beers) after ive been telling myself not to lol. Before i apped my TU was716, EQ692, EX 703. will wait to see what happens to my scores soon, TU went from 2 inquiries (that are about to go off in a cpl months) to 4, so not too bad, EQ took a big hit on inquiries, especially since asking for a CLI Citi did a HP. AOAA isnt very long, started my credit journey about 2 years ago and only had 1 card for a long time before getting a few more. At least all these cards can age and grow together. i got approved for Freedom Unlimited $2000, AmEx Delta Sky $1000, Barclay Apple Rewards $1000, and HSBC Gold (why? idk lol) not sure athe amount yet, they reviewed the application for a cpl days and i just received my approval email! and btw thank you on the congrats!!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.