Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Epic sigh, today will haunt me

yes i will! thank you!

Message 21 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey no worries. When you go from having no cards or bad cards and start getting approved, it can be addicting. Some great things came from this. You got cards you actually WANTED, a bonus, and you learned from your experienceSmiley Happy

I'm in same boat basically rebuilt last 2 years after going 10 years( bk) with no credit. After that first year and half , i have finally learned the most important lesson of all, credit is a marathon not a sprint. Corny but trueSmiley Happy. I regret many of my hps , especially when i knew i wouldnt get it so i have a few that i have nothing to show for. But we learnSmiley Happy
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly right and well put! before i started my little credit journey i had no idea how benefitial they could be when used correctly, in rewards and cash back. i never use cash or a debit card anymore and have been glad at myself for keeping my UTL low

Message 23 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Also one thing looking at your current lineup, you have that magical thing we like to call DIVERSITYSmiley Happy. Never good to hsve all eggs in one basket. Treat Amex well and those puppies will grow nicely which will help with future apps and sls from other lendersSmiley Happy
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, i feel like it is a nice variety. i dont think i need anything else, just to let them grow. AmEx i have deffinately been on my best behavior with, its my most used card right now i usually have it paid to zero before the period ends and show no balance, not sure if its the best way to go or to show a small balance but i figure another card can show a balance, AmEx knows what ive spent and paid ive always figured

Message 25 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I am doing the same with Amex. Pif is a good way to go but i also believe by being responsible, they wouldnt mind a carried balance or 2 once in awhile. I know on their charge cards, they offer POT, to some, lol, and its a nice option to have.
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took me to age 52 to figure that out.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.