cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Credit Limits growing, I must be doing something right? (Hopefully?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Existing Credit Limits growing, I must be doing something right? (Hopefully?)

Congrats to you!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Existing Credit Limits growing, I must be doing something right? (Hopefully?)

Hubby's credit scores are not that far off from yours - Fico 08 EQ - 693, Fico 08 TU - 667 and Fico 08 EX - 681.  It's curious that both of you have EQ scores as your highest and TU the lowest.  Many that I've read in this forum have lower EQ scores.  DH has a few Ventures, Penfed Promise and Penfed Defender Visa Sig (maybe a thought for you?), Cabelas, Kohl's, Marathon and the Amazon.  Has app'd for Discover twice, denied both times.  Won't app for the Secured one because he's in with Penfed now and it's time for him to garden.  Good luck with Chat, and let us know the results! Asked that it only be considered with a sp.

Message 12 of 21
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 13 of 21
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Taoron wrote:

So..  it came time to do my 6 month review on some of my cards and see if I could get CLIs on them.  Well, it worked for 3/4 of the cards I have.  The one card that I can't get to increase is Discover, but I'm happy to have a card with them and hopefully someday they'll feel the same.

So, below are the CLIs I have received. 

Capital One Venture #2    $10,000 ----->  $13,000

Baxter Credit Union  Cash Back  $1,000 ---> $6,000

Barclaycard Rewards Card   $4,050  --->  $5,050

that'a $9k in CLIs since the beginning of the month!!   Sheesh.

How long have you had your Venture b4 CLI and how much do you send thru it monthly?

Message 14 of 21
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

@gsully00 wrote:

@Taoron wrote:

So..  it came time to do my 6 month review on some of my cards and see if I could get CLIs on them.  Well, it worked for 3/4 of the cards I have.  The one card that I can't get to increase is Discover, but I'm happy to have a card with them and hopefully someday they'll feel the same.

So, below are the CLIs I have received. 

Capital One Venture #2    $10,000 ----->  $13,000

Baxter Credit Union  Cash Back  $1,000 ---> $6,000

Barclaycard Rewards Card   $4,050  --->  $5,050

that'a $9k in CLIs since the beginning of the month!!   Sheesh.

How long have you had your Venture b4 CLI and how much do you send thru it monthly?

I got my first Venture in May 2015, Limit of $10000.  2nd Venture in July for $10000 and then 3rd Venture in October for $10000.

First opened card got a CLI up to $12k sometime last year, November?

Second (the one that just got CLI) is now at $13k..  and 3rd one is isn't used enough to get a CLI.  (They said avg monthly payment too low.)

The payments range from $1000 a month up to $2200.   Only the first venture (out of all my capital one cards.. 3 Ventures, 2 Quicksilvers) have a balance.  I paid off the 2nd Venture and after that posted, that's when I Req'd a CLI and it was approved.   I've put $2000 through the first venture before.  I've redeemed awards twice on the first card.  I don't think I attempted to get rewards on the other Venture cards.. I didn't want to rack up $3k on each card.. I do not have $9k of expenses in 3 months, that's crazy speak.  Smiley Wink

I still want to combine the cards but so far, Capital One isn't letting that happen.  (It says none are eligible yet.)  

Message 15 of 21
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Okay well I tried Synchrony Amazon chat.  They said no at my request and he responded with a 7-10 day notice.

No counter offer either.   I'm not really surprised though, I don't use any of my Synchrony accounts.  They probably don't like that.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taoron

How did you ask for CLI from Baxter CU? 

Message 17 of 21
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Taoron

How did you ask for CLI from Baxter CU? 

Well that's the weird part.  I applied for a credit increase because I wanted to move a small balance over to pay it off faster.  Because my highest limit card (at the time) was 12k, I asked for 12k.   I explained what I was doing in the comments area of the application, showed my payment history and that I'd rather transfer the balance away from Capital One to BCU card so I can pay it off faster.  (I bought a computer, monitor and camera around Christmas time.  Paying those off in $1-2k monthly payments.)

The credit loan request was denied. 

The next day, a manager called and left a voice mail on my phone saying he'd like to talk to me regarding my application.   I called him back, and he said I had a decent score (694 according to him and the letter I got in the mail) and asked if I was set on the $12k limit and I told him I'd be willing to accept a counter-offer.  He said he'd see what he can do and sent my request to UW.

About a day later, I get a congrats email:

Dear <name>,

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that your recent application for a BCU Credit Card Limit Increase has been approved and your new limit will be $ 6,000.00.

You’ll receive another email when your limit increase has been processed. If you have any questions, please contact us at <PHONE>. If you worked with a Service Center representative, you may also contact them directly.

Thank you for being a valued member of the Credit Union. We look forward to showing you all the ways We’ve Got Your Back.

Best Regards,
BCU

That was a bit shocking to see, haha.   A pleasant shock.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. 

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats on the CLI sucess!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.