Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express shopping car trick approval

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Express shopping car trick approval

I couldn't get it to work for me, congrats and that is high for Express!!! +1 to CA!!
Message 11 of 24
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@VinnyVee wrote:

Nothing too huge. Did the shopping cart trick with Express after getting numerous mailed preapprovals. Decided to bite via shopping cart trick to avoid the hard pull. I was approved for $500, making it my biggest TL thus far. It's nice finally seeing my efforts and work pay off. 500 isn't much, but its more than what I was expecting. It will help my utilization while I'm using my Quicksilver One!

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 24
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

VinnyVee I would love to know exactly what you did.....down to the item or items that you placed in your cart.  I've been trying to get the Express pop-up for months.  What browser did you use?

Message 13 of 24
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@VinnyVee wrote:

Nothing too huge. Did the shopping cart trick with Express after getting numerous mailed preapprovals. Decided to bite via shopping cart trick to avoid the hard pull. I was approved for $500, making it my biggest TL thus far. It's nice finally seeing my efforts and work pay off. 500 isn't much, but its more than what I was expecting. It will help my utilization while I'm using my Quicksilver One!

Good start though,, you are building up and sounds like you are on the right track... Congrats

Message 14 of 24
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 15 of 24
VinnyVee
Contributor

DeadlyPersona, for me it popped up towards the end when I highlighted a bar where I'm supposed to input card information. I've heard that it's best to have pop up blocker off, and sometimes it helps to reset all cookies and internet browsing data.

Thanks a lot for all the congrats everyone!

(started in the mid 500s on all 3, 11/13)
As of 5/22/15 EX: 698, EQ: 700, TU: 703
Barclay Rewards: $2750, Capital One Quicksilver one: $4300, Discover IT : $300, Amazon Visa: $100. Best Buy Credit Card: $3000, Kohl's Charge: $300, Express: $2600, Overstock $1650, Chase Freedom $4700, AMEX Everday $1500, Serta iComfort $4700, Walmart $1600, Target $300
Message 16 of 24
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Thanks VinnyVee....I'll try again later.  I have tried clearing my browser history and cookies.  I'm wondering if it's triggered by a certain amount or certain items.

Message 17 of 24
CardHunter
Established Contributor

Congrats first off on the card! I just tried it for the heck off it and got it also, but I have killed my AAoA with the 3 or 4 new accounts I just opened with Comenity and firestone so I think I will pass for now, but congrats again and enjoy your new card! This is what I got, but never showed me a limit.

Get 15% off your first purchase with your new express next credit card at express.com.*

Congratulations, you have been pre-approved for an EXPRESS NEXT Credit Card account*.
Start earning rewards today.

You'll also be enrolled in the EXPRESS NEXT Rewards program for more perks and benefits, including:**

• 5 additional points (15 total points) per dollar on qualifying purchases when you use your EXPRESS NEXT Credit Card
  • A $10 Reward for every 2500 points earned, and a $15 Reward once you reach A-List member status
  • Exclusive bonus point opportunities and a premium birthday gift

After you accept your offer, you'll be returned here to finish checkout.

**This rewards program is provided by Express and its terms may change at any time. If you have an existing EXPRESS NEXT Rewards Program account, your new Credit Card account will sync with it within 48 hours.

Message 18 of 24
CardHunter
Established Contributor

I tried it with just 2 shirts, I think it came up to be about $56.00 or so. I am running IE. on this computer.

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

VinnyVee I would love to know exactly what you did.....down to the item or items that you placed in your cart.  I've been trying to get the Express pop-up for months.  What browser did you use?

Message 19 of 24
One7
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! It helped me a lot during my rebuilding stages,  thanks for all the details

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.