Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express shopping cart trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Express shopping cart trick

Long time lurker here I’ve never posted before this but had to share what happened to me. I was under the impression that the shopping cart trick was effectively dead but maybe just maybe it’s still working.. I was doing some online shopping about a week ago on the express website when I got the elusive you’re preaaproved message pop up well elusive to me anyway lol. I accepted it and was approved for a $500 sl anyway it’s been a week today and still no hard pull Smiley Happy Just wanted to let you guys know that maybe just maybe the trick isn’t dead after all. I subscribe to Experian credit alerts and Credit Karma so I’m assuming if I was to get a hard pull I would know about it by now.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Express shopping cart trick

Thank you for sharing, congrats on your new tradeline (tl)....and welcome to the forum as a new posterSmiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Its not dead, I get preapprovals all the time and just ignore them all. Grats on your new card and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Moving this to approvals.
Message 3 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the SP Approval.

Enjoy your new card w/o the HP INQ.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t wait till I’m strong enough to ignore a preapproval lol I can totally see how someone could get addicted to this. I don’t feel too bad about getting this card though, I love Express 😊
Message 5 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I can’t wait till I’m strong enough to ignore a preapproval lol I can totally see how someone could get addicted to this. I don’t feel too bad about getting this card though, I love Express 😊

You got to start someplace with something.

Might find it odd but SCT + Fingerhut + Target started this member forward to Prime Cards and beyond. It was a slow walk but once the steam picked up it took right off.

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy ive gone from Fingerhut to the most average joe you can be with an arsenal of credit cards that would shock you to yiur fico coreSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have started this much sooner, I didn’t realize how important credit was until I was well into my 30’s oh well better late than never! I’ve been working on my score since October 2018 and so far so good. Thank you all for being so informative I’ve learned a lot from you guys.
Message 8 of 10
newgirlintown
Valued Member

LOL. Me too!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing!  Congrats on getting a SCT card!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.