Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCB/Elan Rewards Visa CLI

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: FCB/Elan Rewards Visa CLI

Congratulations on a nice CLI with your Fidelity/Elan card @ChargedUp !

Enjoy that new limit! Smiley Happy

waytogo.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 11 of 25
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@ChargedUpamazing the fact that I see some people obtaining CLIs out of Elan. Over time around it seemed they were so back in the '90's they did not even know CLIs existed? IMPRESSIVE! Smiley Happy

Their website still looks like it was designed on a Commodore 64, but the basic functions are there and work well... Besides, think of how many lenders STILL make you pick up a phone to attempt a CLI. I had to input 3 numbers (income, house payment, available assets (savings, money market, etc.) and click the mouse. The CLI page I posted above came up faster than MyFico loads!

This card has been up there with Cap One for reliability as well. I've used it in the middle of nowhere over 1000 miles from home and never had any issues. Sure, the rewards are average but I do have appreciation for a card being rock solid when I need it, giving at least an average return on purchases and not requiring me to run the GNP of a small island nation through it to get a decent SP CLI. A single EX pull got me the card in the beginning. Elan has sent me BT offers and they were the typical 3%/0% for 12 months, which I've used once online and it worked easy and processed within 2 days. Elan's CSR's seem to be knowledgeable, friendly and more than a simple HMI for a computer.

If your spend is all domestic, I'd rank Elan above Cap One's Quicksilver for the above alone. (And it's a Visa... Hello Costco Smiley Happy )

For those rebuilding, they do have a secured card as well... AFAIK, they still graduate their cards, and PC's to the rewards card are easy from the simple Platinum version (I started with the Platinum Visa), allowing you a useful account to hold on to for the long run. So far, I've never heard of an Elan bucketed card either.

Message 12 of 25
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

waytogo.jpg

Thank you!

FCB is Florida Community Bank. (I have no idea how I ended up on their mailing list living in California, but I responded to a mailer and got the card in my only app spree back in 2017.) App'ed online and it went to the "We'll let you know..." screen. Immediate EX HP happened. About 10 days later the card showed up in the mail with a $5K SL.

FCB dropped the Elan backed cards and /or merged or something, so now it's just an Elan Real Rewards card.

20200628_145511a.jpg

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp is Buckle still around?
Message 14 of 25
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

waytogo.jpg

Thank you!

FCB is Florida Community Bank. (I have no idea how I ended up on their mailing list living in California, but I responded to a mailer and got the card in my only app spree back in 2017.) App'ed online and it went to the "We'll let you know..." screen. Immediate EX HP happened. About 10 days later the card showed up in the mail with a $5K SL.

FCB dropped the Elan backed cards and /or merged or something, so now it's just an Elan Real Rewards card.

20200628_145511a.jpg

Very beautiful card. The clean look is pleasing to the eye. 

Message 15 of 25
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@ChargedUpis Buckle still around?

Sort of... If they ever let the stores open up around here they have a couple stores over here. The only reason I've kept that card on life support is that it's my oldest tradeline now. Opened it for one of my daughters to get some school clothes once. Last February I put a $20 pack of socks on it just to give it some action.

I might have to do that again with how things are going.

Message 16 of 25
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

20200628_145511a.jpg

Ahhh .... I somehow assumed FCB was Fidelity Cash Back or something like that since I knew Elan issued the Fidelity card and it was popular for quite awhile.   

Part of what I've enjoyed about My Fico is just learning about different lenders and cards, as well as watching how they change or reading different member's strategy to apply for and use their cards.  So today, I learned a little something new.  Thanks!

It's all really opened my eyes even more at the shear volume of lender choices and cards that are available!  Amazing!  (Even though many people would find this rather dry reading.)

After a little web research, I see that Florida Community Bank is now part of Synovus which acquired it in January 2019 for $2.9 Billion.  And that Synovus, headquartered in Columbus, GA, was founded in 1888 as Columbus Bank and Trust (CB&T).   There was an interesting antedote about the founding:

"The bank opened in 1888 following an incident at a textile mill in which a worker's dress became entangled in machinery, spilling the money she had sewn into her hem onto the floor. After she explained to a factory executive that she had felt this was the safest place to keep her savings, he offered instead to secure her money in the mill safe and pay her interest on her balance. This service was soon offered to all company employees." 

https://www.synovus.com/about-us/

Business Cards

Message 17 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ChargedUp  Congrats!

Message 18 of 25
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

20200628_145511a.jpg

Ahhh .... I somehow assumed FCB was Fidelity Cash Back or something like that since I knew Elan issued the Fidelity card and it was popular for quite awhile.   

Part of what I've enjoyed about My Fico is just learning about different lenders and cards, as well as watching how they change or reading different member's strategy to apply for and use their cards.  So today, I learned a little something new.  Thanks!

It's all really opened my eyes even more at the shear volume of lender choices and cards that are available!  Amazing!  (Even though many people would find this rather dry reading.)

After a little web research, I see that Florida Community Bank is now part of Synovus which acquired it in January 2019 for $2.9 Billion.  And that Synovus, headquartered in Columbus, GA, was founded in 1888 as Columbus Bank and Trust (CB&T).   There was an interesting antedote about the founding:

"The bank opened in 1888 following an incident at a textile mill in which a worker's dress became entangled in machinery, spilling the money she had sewn into her hem onto the floor. After she explained to a factory executive that she had felt this was the safest place to keep her savings, he offered instead to secure her money in the mill safe and pay her interest on her balance. This service was soon offered to all company employees." 

https://www.synovus.com/about-us/

I spend hours on this site and love taking in all the knowledge here. You and I are the same in that boat Smiley Happy I've created a folder on my browser of "CC Potentials" that I've learned about from here for future apps and it's quite full LOL. This place is my get away... Where I come to relax, help others, learn from others and enjoy all the personalities that make MyFico what it is. This isn't dry reading to me...

Total Minutes Online60533

Yeah, I'm a little addicted crazy.gif I never dreamed I'd have the trade lines I have today and I did it and maintained it with what I've learned here.

Right now I've got a PNC savings account where I've shoved about $800 in cash back from various cards to get me in the backdoor for their cards from California. Just one of those things I learned about here.

As far as Synovus, that's quite the interesting back story. Thank you for posting that!

Message 19 of 25
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

I spend hours on this site and love taking in all the knowledge here. You and I are the same in that boat Smiley Happy I've created a folder on my browser of "CC Potentials" that I've learned about from here for future apps and it's quite full LOL. This place is my get away... Where I come to relax, help others, learn from others and enjoy all the personalities that make MyFico what it is. This isn't dry reading to me...

Total Minutes Online60533

Yeah, I'm a little addicted crazy.gifI never dreamed I'd have the trade lines I have today and I did it and maintained it with what I've learned here.

Right now I've got a PNC savings account where I've shoved about $800 in cash back from various cards to get me in the backdoor for their cards from California. Just one of those things I learned about here.

As far as Synovus, that's quite the interesting back story. Thank you for posting that!

You're welcome and glad you enjoyed it! 

You did it again.  After I read your post, I looked up PNC and their cards just for grins.  Lol  Turns out they have branches here in Texas if I wanted to apply in the front-door.   Which card(s) do you have in mind?  The 4-3-2-1 Cashback?

You got me curious about online time too.  I'm sure I'm well behind some of our members but I looked mine up and I'm not too far behind you!  Smiley Wink 

Total Minutes Online51112

Speaking of trade lines, your Bank of America AAA Rewards card line is HUGE ($84.5K) but especially compared to your other limits!  Is there a story about how that one grew so well? 

Business Cards

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.