Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY, Bank of America CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY, Bank of America CLI

I opened a secure BoA credit card back in April 2018, with $500.00. 15 days before its one year anniversary, it was unsecured, and yesterday, I finally had the link to ask for a credit increase.  I requested an increase to $5,000.00 and after the longest 15 seconds ever in my life, it came back approved, but only for $1,100.00 more.  I'm happy...  My reports are lock, so it had to be a soft pull...

Hopefully it will grow quick.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Re: FINALLY, Bank of America CLI

Congratulations. CLI with BOA are now SP. Maybe they have you at that limit because they couldn't see your current score, and went off age of account? Try their reconsideration line to ask for more.
TY for the post I'm in the same boat and still wondering when the link will show up, so I guess close to the 1yr mark of account opening I should see it. Only at 9 months, unsecured at 8.
Message 2 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That’s a good increase coming from a secured card. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Congrats on your graduation to a secure card and your CLI!

BofA *reportedly* only does soft pulls for CLI changes now... so it should be a soft pull regardless of locked reports.

Message 4 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

congrats on the "FINALLY" CLI

Message 5 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Very Nice CLI!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI !!!

Message 7 of 9
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!! BOA is the only lender who has never given me a CLI. My card was opened in April 2017 with a $2500 SL and today is still $2500.

I receive offers all the time for new cards and promotional balance tranfers at 0% but no dice on the CLI. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.