Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY! BofA CLI

tag
BuildingBetterCredit2020
New Contributor

FINALLY! BofA CLI

A few DPs first:

• Secured Platinum Plus BankAmericard from 11/2018 with an AF and a limit of $1500
  • Graduated this card to non-secured in 6/2020
  • Not a single missed payment and have been rebuilding my credit for several years now, with the last 2 baddies on my CR falling off this fall
  • Requested a CLI over the phone to $5000 in mid 10/2020 and was denied; letter stated this was due to my history and current economic conditions at the time. I did this over the phone as I figured my odds might be better, explaining my rationale to the CSR (plan on increased spending, want to maintain reasonable control over my CU, etc)
  • Since I couldn't get a CLI, I figured I'd at least attempt to PC the card to something worthwhile (e.g. Cash Rewards, etc) in 12/2020 over the phone. No dice....they denied that too, saying "there are no product changes available for your account at this time" 
  • Called up BofA last month in 1/21 to request a PC again. While the CSR tried and seemed genuinely interested in helping me, I was still denied and told they "periodically review accounts" for such things. 
  • Had the "love button" available online the whole time this past year

Talk about frustrating with all of the above!! Here it's been about 4 months since I last requested the CLI. So I said to heck with it, and clicked on the love button since I had not tried that. Requested an increase to $4K. Instantly approved after entering income info and whatever else. At least I was able to optimize my CU a bit more for the time being. 

Any strategy recommendations from all of you in terms of "growing" this card or PCing it (as hopeless as this seems) down the road as I continue to build my credit? Click the love button every 3-6 months and roll the dice?

$4K is still quite meager by comparison with my other card holdings and doesn't encourage me wanting to use this card very often.  

Sept 2023

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: FINALLY! BofA CLI

Congratulations on your approval! That was quite a wait period but as you stated. Finally!

Message 2 of 17
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈 on your CLI.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 17
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your BofA CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 17
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the increase.  This could be a start for great things to come from BoA!

Message 5 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on knocking down the BoA door Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 7 of 17
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 8 of 17
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI!

|  
Message 9 of 17
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@BuildingBetterCredit2020 

congrats_eeore.jpg

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.