Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY Capital One

tag
earena
Contributor

FINALLY Capital One

I have had the quicksilver one for over two years and the LUV button has gone from $300 to $600...in two years.... Never missed a payment. ANYWAYS. I got a Platinum a few months ago and hit the button today and it went from $500 to $1500. I wasn't expecting anything, but I'll take it. My credit isn't even that bad, but the ONE card hates me for some reson. I'm going to combine in three months anyways, but I thought it was funny.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

Re: FINALLY Capital One

Congrats! Same with me! Capital One hates me also. I have put over $10,000 on my Quicksilver One which had a $500 limit in 4 months to hopefully get a nice CLI when my credit steps kicked in and made paid the card off so many times in full to reap the cash rewards as well and was only given the $250 automatic increase. And I had better credit scores than when I got approved and real low utilization around 1% on my other cards combined. As of last week I stopped using my Quicksilver One because I got approved for Navy Federal Cash Rewards and I will be putting lots of use thru it. So Capital One will be SD for a very long time until I see some love for them. Lol.

Message 2 of 7
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! thats a nice increase $1k is daebak!!! korean word for AWESOME! Smiley Happy

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's almost exactly my cap 1 experience. They wouldn't grow that QS1 for anything, but the platinum got the same increase as yours. PC'd the plat to QS and combined. Hopefully, it'll be better this go 'round! Good luck and congrats on that increase!!!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@earena wrote:

I have had the quicksilver one for over two years and the LUV button has gone from $300 to $600...in two years.... Never missed a payment. ANYWAYS. I got a Platinum a few months ago and hit the button today and it went from $500 to $1500. I wasn't expecting anything, but I'll take it. My credit isn't even that bad, but the ONE card hates me for some reson. I'm going to combine in three months anyways, but I thought it was funny.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 7
earena
Contributor

Thanks! I have a NFCU with an 8K limit and that is the one I use the most but these two cards still get some love with reoccuring payments that I pay off every month. It really seems like Capital One is very random. (like most of these credit cards!)

Message 6 of 7
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.