cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY Navy Fed NavChek and some PenFed love too.

tag
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

FINALLY Navy Fed NavChek and some PenFed love too.

So, I've been complaining about PenFed for a long while now and I got mad and emotionally closed all my accounts, including my Thrifty Credit Service....so....I decided to never make credit decisions while PMSing every again and reapped. They reopened everything but my TCS and told me to reapply. ARs are in and my score is significantly higher than it was when I first opened the TCS. I apped while on the phone with a rep and was declined.

I asked him why and he said the criteria changed in the last 2 weeks....which I knew was kinda meh information. He recognized how upset I was and called over to lending, who told him again, I was declined. Nevertheless, my TCS went through the process and they granted it to me again at $500 which was $250 less than what I closed at. I'll take it and shut my mouth until the next AR.

Now....to the BIG deal! I was blacklisted years ago with NFCU and paid them off early this year and they've thrown $40,000 in credit cards at me, upgraded me to signature on both, but NO, You aren't good enough for a NavChek they said. Needless to say, I racked up over 15 inquiries over the last 9 months trying to get that thing. Yes, I know I have an issue with patience but we are getting there.

So I called this last time and asked the woman "am I blacklisted from this program?" She got her supervisor in tow and they dug through my account to find that my charge offs were not updated as paid in full, when they were, so the loan officer was showing that I still owed money. She told me to call today, which I did and it was fixed in like 1 minute. I called back to have a recon and was told they don't recon but I can appeal with a new application. After fussing with the rep to avoid another HP, she came back and said I was conditionally approved for $15000 pending bank statements from another bank (since I have none of my money coming into NFCU regularly) and tax returns from last year (since I'm self employed).

BOOM! Approved! $55,000 in open lines with NFCU with less than 1% util (I PIF most months). I'm stoked. That was the last account I truly clamoured for and now I'm off to the garden because I have $120,000 in open credit lines and that's scary for a person who, at one time before MyFico, thought $5000 in open credit was a big deal.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: FINALLY Navy Fed NavChek and some PenFed love too.

Glad to see things coming full circle for youSmiley Happy. Enjoy your success and way to be persistantSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY Navy Fed NavChek and some PenFed love too.

Welcome back to Penfed! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.