Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY!!..Some Disco Luv!

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

FINALLY!!..Some Disco Luv!

After numerous failed credit line increase attempts on my year and half old Discover IT card I give it an ultimatum ( really, like it could actually comprehend me ) lol! that if I receve no increase this attempt it would be going to the shredder. So with that hit the button and was offered a $300 increase/ Keep in mind ths is the only thing that has been offered since Febuary of this year so I took it. Knowing that I had an oppotunity for a "double dip" called customer service immedietly and asked if they could bump me up some more for spending flexibility,  and the rep came back with" yes we can bump you up to a total of $4,600 CL". So double dip sucesss! Not much compared to my other cards but a small victory none-the-less with a very bipolared Disco these days.Smiley Wink

So in total $300.00 online bump---> $700.00 call in bump for a Total $1,000 bump.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: FINALLY!!..Some Disco Luv!

@credit_endurance wrote:

After numerous failed credit line increase attempts on my year and half old Discover IT card I give it an ultimatum ( really, like it could actually comprehend me ) lol! that if I receve no increase this attempt it would be going to the shredder. So with that hit the button and was offered a $300 increase/ Keep in mind ths is the only thing that has been offered since Febuary of this year so I took it. Knowing that I had an oppotunity for a "double dip" called customer service immedietly and asked if they could bump me up some more for spending flexibility,  and the rep came back with" yes we can bump you up to a total of $4,600 CL". So double dip sucesss! Not much compared to my other cards but a small victory none-the-less with a very bipolared Disco these days.Smiley Wink

So in total $300.00 online bump---> $700.00 call in bump for a Total $1,000 bump.

Congrats bruised!

This is exactly how my CLI a month ago worked.... $300 online CLI, then double-dip for another $700 for a total CLI of $1K (potentially more with a HP, but I stuck with SP). Seems to be how they're doing things...

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! happydance.gifgiphy (1).gif

Message 3 of 14
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats! At least you're getting a CLI. Lol
It's been at least 9 months since my last cli with Discover.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the luv fianlly!

Out of curiosity, when you called them, did you mention that you had just used the online option? I plan to double dip once I do go and am just unsure how people phrase it. Do you phrase it as if you're checking with them on the phone as the first inquiry, or let them know the site just gave you one? Or something else entirely?

Message 5 of 14
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@cmm89 thanks and well played for you also.  missed out on the double dip in febuary but promised myself if the opportunity ever came around again I would'nt miss out.

@clark_d_shark thanks my friend and too cool avatar LOL!

@ Gmood thanks again..And your so right. I really thought I would never get another increase with them. My plan was to cancel the card if no increase and reapp for another Discover IT as we have seen some very generous SL given out of late.

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 6 of 14
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of curiosity, when you called them, did you mention that you had just used the online option? I plan to double dip once I do go and am just unsure how people phrase it. Do you phrase it as if you're checking with them on the phone as the first inquiry, or let them know the site just gave you one? Or something else entirely?

Thanks Kitt614! I just mentioned to them that I just recently recieved an increase but it was unsatisfactory in fullfilling my needs for future spending and possible BT offers. And I needed more spending flexibility. I think the key is to ask immedietly after you online request not letting much if any time lapse in between.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! I've gotten $0...my card currently sits at $2k with $0 balance.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Kitt614! I just mentioned to them that I just recently recieved an increase but it was unsatisfactory in fullfilling my needs for future spending and possible BT offers. And I needed more spending flexibility. I think the key is to ask immedietly after you online request not letting much if any time lapse in between.

I never had luck with the double dip unfortunately, but it's just me Smiley Frustrated. They did approve my CLI request for an additional $500 last month, called immediately after the additional 500 was confirmed and told the Account analyst that I wanted to make it an even number, and asked her politely if they could maybe do an additional $200 to make it an even 2K. The analyst said that $500 was all she had for me and if I wanted more, that they will need to do a hard pull in order to consider me for a higher limit. A hard pull for an extra $200, but, whatevs, I am using the card as much as I can, to prove them I am able to handle it.

Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, heres a quick kudo bruisedSmiley Happy Irmas almost on me so battery about to go but glad to see you get some Disco luvSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.