tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY!!..Some Disco Luv!

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the luv fianlly!

Out of curiosity, when you called them, did you mention that you had just used the online option? I plan to double dip once I do go and am just unsure how people phrase it. Do you phrase it as if you're checking with them on the phone as the first inquiry, or let them know the site just gave you one? Or something else entirely?

Thanks Kitt614! I just mentioned to them that I just recently recieved an increase but it was unsatisfactory in fullfilling my needs for future spending and possible BT offers. And I needed more spending flexibility. I think the key is to ask immedietly after you online request not letting much if any time lapse in between.

I never had luck with the double dip unfortunately, but it's just me Smiley Frustrated. They did approve my CLI request for an additional $500 last month, called immediately after the additional 500 was confirmed and told the Account analyst that I wanted to make it an even number, and asked her politely if they could maybe do an additional $200 to make it an even 2K. The analyst said that $500 was all she had for me and if I wanted more, that they will need to do a hard pull in order to consider me for a higher limit. A hard pull for an extra $200, but, whatevs, I am using the card as much as I can, to prove them I am able to handle it.

Looks like you're doing great! You would be surprise knowing how many people can't handle $2k or $1k CL.

Message 11 of 14
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@AJC as always thanks my friend ! Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 12 of 14
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@c00mtg I was not expecting anything else from disco especially after receiving absolutely nada from February to this point. It took me completely by surprise. Guess it could be hit or miss depending on the CSR you happen to get.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_endurance wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the luv fianlly!

Out of curiosity, when you called them, did you mention that you had just used the online option? I plan to double dip once I do go and am just unsure how people phrase it. Do you phrase it as if you're checking with them on the phone as the first inquiry, or let them know the site just gave you one? Or something else entirely?

Thanks Kitt614! I just mentioned to them that I just recently recieved an increase but it was unsatisfactory in fullfilling my needs for future spending and possible BT offers. And I needed more spending flexibility. I think the key is to ask immedietly after you online request not letting much if any time lapse in between.

I never had luck with the double dip unfortunately, but it's just me Smiley Frustrated. They did approve my CLI request for an additional $500 last month, called immediately after the additional 500 was confirmed and told the Account analyst that I wanted to make it an even number, and asked her politely if they could maybe do an additional $200 to make it an even 2K. The analyst said that $500 was all she had for me and if I wanted more, that they will need to do a hard pull in order to consider me for a higher limit. A hard pull for an extra $200, but, whatevs, I am using the card as much as I can, to prove them I am able to handle it.

Looks like you're doing great! You would be surprise knowing how many people can't handle $2k or $1k CL.

Thanks, I try my best. I'm trying to grow my current tradelines instead of app'ng for new accounts. Last month was pretty great for me so I am very happy with that. I know Discover will take some time to grow, I know that now, so I don't expect much.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.