cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FINALLY got a "luv button" CLI on a Cap One card (Quicksilver MC)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FINALLY got a "luv button" CLI on a Cap One card (Quicksilver MC)

I decided to take a chance again on a CLI request on my Quicksilver MC, having been declined several weeks ago but having had substantial paydown/payoff activity on my portfolio over the past month (including paying off this card) with accompanying increases in my TU score, and having most recently paid off and closed out my old secured Platinum MC. So I went to request a CL 4x my current limit ($3,500 to $14,000). Capital One came back with a proposal to raise the CL to $6,000 (+ $2,500) and I accepted it. Smiley Very Happy It's taken me over a year to get a CLI on this card - ironically enough, when I'm planning to combine it with my new QS Visa this summer!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: FINALLY got a "luv button" CLI on a Cap One card (Quicksilver MC)

Congrats on the CLI, they keep telling me that they won't raise the limit on mine even though it has a zero balance. I think its because it was one of the first cards I got after I was finishing up rebuilding. My balances are almost paid off so your story gives me hope for asking again. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 8
fritscher
Regular Contributor

do they do a hard pull?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase! 

@fritscher No, it’s a sp! 

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job JoeSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they still ask how much you spend with credit cards each month?
Message 6 of 8
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

I didn’t know you could actually request a certain amount for a Cap1 CLI. I usually just see the income, job, etc. fields to fill out and then slide to request.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Do they still ask how much you spend with credit cards each month?

Yes, but I was able to give them a good figure this time since I've made some large purchases (two new pairs of SAS shoes, which are a really, really good brand but can run $200 or more a pop, as well as a new iPad - Costco was running a sale on the 2017 128GB model on my birthday), plus some long-needed dental work which cost me close to $800, over the past two months. I wonder if one reason previous CLI attempts failed was because I low-balled my spending estimates? Also, I think the "ask for a specific figure" feature is new, or fairly new.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.