Did you mean: 

FINALLY in with SYNCHRONY.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FINALLY in with SYNCHRONY.....

@Davis9508 wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

After being denied apping on line for the Walmart Card....because lets get real they get ALLLLL my money. I finally decided today to app in Store. Approved for a mere $200.00 but it's better than being Denied. I did call Credit Solutions and was denied a CLI. Oh well at least I tried. Now to get my scores up higher!!!

Cheryl

Congrats! In 7 months I've gone from $500 to $3,500 on my Walmart card. Hope you do the same!

Congrats...started out with 1000 less than 7 mos ago.....at 6k today....

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

WalMart depresses me.  Every down and out person seems to be loyal to the store.  Obese women using their elbows to push the grocery cart.  Young people with tattoos using EBT cards.  Mexicans at the money center sending money back home.

It just seems like they're on the same level as pawns shops, check cashing stores and car title loan companies.

I'm glad you finally got approved for a store card.  I hope you treat it well, it grows and you improve your credit situation.

I force myself to go to WalMart for beer, soda, and name brand stuff that's cheaper than the grocery store.  I know I save money but I hate the shopping experience.

Message 12 of 26
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

@CreditContractor

I agree 100%.

Their prices are amazing but I can't deal with 90% of their clientele.

Kids running everywhere, grown adults running you over with their carts. It's a nightmare!

I dread having to go in there or stick to one of their Neighborhoid Markets which is near a college here and it's mostly students.
Message 13 of 26
peghede
Valued Contributor

Now this is a post no suggar coat  straight to the core :

"Obese women using their elbows to push the grocery cart.(i need to try that myself lol)

Young people with tattoos using EBT cards.(tattoos and ebt cards gotta think on that one lol) 

Mexicans at the money center sending money back home.(No comment on this one lol)

It just seems like they're on the same level as pawns shops, check cashing stores and car title loan companies."

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Walmart gets all my money too!! lol Should make it my next card.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont want to get off topic from a thread where the OP is rightfully excited to be in the door with GREAT oppotunity for grow, but your level of bitterness is something I find not just entertaining, but CAPTIVATING!  To avoid being OT, if you wouldnt mind emailing me about what happened, I am very interested!

(I was waiting til I was at the end of the thread to give the OP a thanks, but youve had me wondering for some time now, and I want to avoid AA by synch....I'm guessing you have a thread dedicated to it somewhere that you could PM me the link of....and if you dont, why the heck not?!?)

Shoot, I will say CONGRATS to the OP right now!  Synchrony is a great and GENEROUS company to most of us(maybe set your sites on Lowes once you build some experience and get CLIs from Walmart, if a really high CLI interests you, after youve done some studying and built value to Synchrony).

OP, you show great WISDOM/knowledge in using CREDIT SOLUTIONS, vs the other # or online.  I wish it had worked out for you.  Was the reason they gave "insufficient experience with this level of credit"?

Also, I have another tip you may enjoy.  Sometimes I PAY it off right IN WALMART, which saves the usual time and effort Ive used paying for other cards(I dont do the online payments, for personal reasons).  It's at the customer service desk, and know your amount if you want to pay in full, as the emplyee did not know when I asked.   Best wishes, it's awesome you got a card at a place you actually frequent.  I can almost assure you nice growth!!!

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a small world afterall.  50 states in this country.  Go to WalMart and see the exact same clinetelle in all 50 states.

We have a new WalMart Marketplace across the street but the produce is just as rock bottom.

You order a package from WalMart.com and have it delivered to WalMart Marketplace, they will open your package and inspect it before giving it to you.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

WalMart depresses me.  Every down and out person seems to be loyal to the store.  Obese women using their elbows to push the grocery cart.  Young people with tattoos using EBT cards.  Mexicans at the money center sending money back home.

It just seems like they're on the same level as pawns shops, check cashing stores and car title loan companies.

I'm glad you finally got approved for a store card.  I hope you treat it well, it grows and you improve your credit situation.

I force myself to go to WalMart for beer, soda, and name brand stuff that's cheaper than the grocery store.  I know I save money but I hate the shopping experience.

I really hope the mods dont touch your post(note, I said hope, I dont mean to suggest to them hat to do), because while I partiallly agree with the painted on eyebrows and kids running amuck, I think sites like peopleofwalmart or whatever it is called are based on people looking to build their own self esteem by knocking others down.  While some of the atmosphere can by miildly annoying, it's a store that has many things I want on occasion, and generally has the best prices.  Heck, if I ever buy a camper they will let me squat in their lot!  

EDIT: Theyre also adding some organic produce, as well as some healthier eating options....things like Sea Salt, and I think even my Himalayan Salt(the best, by far, even though I avoid salt for the most part).   Like AMEX, they are reaching out to try to vend to additonal markets, and I find that great!

When I'm out of town on business, and my hotel has booted me out for the day, I often post up in their lot, get what I need, and use the restroom if necessary.  Theyve served me well in many cities.

When it's cheaper for an epic drive than to fly, I have TWICE blown a tire, and being I purchased tires from them, they replaced them for FREE(maybe a tiny nonimal fee) when I was out of state.  Once it happened in Wisconsin, and I had to put the donut tire on in a driving rain.  I was near the border and rode the donut to Iowa.  They took me in and made me dessert.  JK, thats from that Down Under song.  But while I was there, yeah I did stock up on supplies.  In Wisconsin, I just told my Garmin(yeah I alternate with good) "Walmart", and it found me the closest one, which wasnt far.   So mock all you want(I'm not just saying you, many people do!), but their ubiquitous nature has saved me more than once.

As for the women, yeah sure, but there certainly are some that caught my eye in there too, and I'd wager many are friendlier than in your more uppity establishments.

And to be a little more on topic, the credit from Synchrony is great.  Smiley Wink       When I have a large purchase to make, emergecy or otherwise, my large SL makes it so that my utilization is still rather low.   At the very least, people who think that way about the "peopleofwalmart"(ive also seen much more enjoyable photos from walmart posted elsewhere online lol) can get a self-esteem boost when they walk in.

Lets at least try to temper such posts with whatever good you can say, because folks writing these obviously had something that drew you in, right?  Maybe it was the Synchrony credit?(trying to tie this back in).  #CreditSolutionsFTW!

Message 18 of 26
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Walmart is been the start of a many happy profile for plenty of others. Including yours truly Smiley Happy

Now that you FINALLY have that "in" with them, you could be in store for bigger and better things from them.

Don't even be put off if your first CLI happens to turn out to only be $100. I been through that before and said What?

They function like all lenders on their own level so make the best use of it, PIF, rinse and repeat etc. and look to add another synchrony card or cards along the way for best results long term.

They also go off of your TransUnion FICO Score and monitor it like a hawk, so whatever you can do to raise that number (little or a lot) just make all the effort on that you can for more results down the road with them.

I can tell you from experience that it took me over a year before they loosened up with decent SP CLI's but when i seen they did i also added their bank brand cards and everything took off like a rocket after that.

Hope it helps you along the way. They seem to help raise limits sooner than when i first started so best of luck and CONGRATULATION!!!! Smiley Happy

Thank you for the info it will def help me along the way. Thank you so much

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 19 of 26
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont want to get off topic from a thread where the OP is rightfully excited to be in the door with GREAT oppotunity for grow, but your level of bitterness is something I find not just entertaining, but CAPTIVATING!  To avoid being OT, if you wouldnt mind emailing me about what happened, I am very interested!

(I was waiting til I was at the end of the thread to give the OP a thanks, but youve had me wondering for some time now, and I want to avoid AA by synch....I'm guessing you have a thread dedicated to it somewhere that you could PM me the link of....and if you dont, why the heck not?!?)

Shoot, I will say CONGRATS to the OP right now!  Synchrony is a great and GENEROUS company to most of us(maybe set your sites on Lowes once you build some experience and get CLIs from Walmart, if a really high CLI interests you, after youve done some studying and built value to Synchrony).

OP, you show great WISDOM/knowledge in using CREDIT SOLUTIONS, vs the other # or online.  I wish it had worked out for you.  Was the reason they gave "insufficient experience with this level of credit"?

Also, I have another tip you may enjoy.  Sometimes I PAY it off right IN WALMART, which saves the usual time and effort Ive used paying for other cards(I dont do the online payments, for personal reasons).  It's at the customer service desk, and know your amount if you want to pay in full, as the emplyee did not know when I asked.   Best wishes, it's awesome you got a card at a place you actually frequent.  I can almost assure you nice growth!!!

Thank you for your support. Any wisdom i have comes strictly from this forum!!! I can't even begin to tell this community how grateful I am to all the wonderful information!!! She only said the reasons will be mailed out to me,  

I am also interested in what AA was taken for the person with the 12k limit.  i've always been turned down by Sync so i haven't done much research on them.

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.