cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIRST APPROVAL EVER......CHASE SLATE!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FIRST APPROVAL EVER......CHASE SLATE!!!!

HELLO MYFICO COMMUNITY!!!!!

So, I've spied, read and spied some more. The info here has been completely invaluable to me. I've learned so much. Well my story is simple, I am new to the credit game. The only credit I've had is being an authorized user on my uncle's accounts. His BofA, Citi Sears and a closed Chase account. Well I wanted to venture out on my own. Applied for Discover and American Express per the forum as being the easiest to get with only AU accounts. End result: DECLINED on both......Smiley Sad. So, I tried the pre-qualify on Chase. Pre--qualified for CSP, Freedom and Slate. I went ahead and applied for the Freedom and Slate. Slate came back instantly APPROVED $5,000!!!!! Smiley Very Happy. The Freedom went 7-10 days, oh well. 

Now, begins my journey. I'll treat the Slate like a newborn baby. The denials from Amex and Discover were 3 months ago. I figure if I wait until September/October, I'll try them again. To start out with a major is a HUGE deal. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you guys in advance.

BTW, here are my stats at time of approval: 652 EX, 712 TU, 660 EQ.......Inquiries 10 EX, 6 TU, 6 EQ

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: FIRST APPROVAL EVER......CHASE SLATE!!!!

Congrats, and welcome!

Many would suggest to wait a year before applying, but at least wait till your new CC is reporting for 6 mo. All you need is one good card that is reporting positive, no rush on app spree.

Most banks are becoming inquiry sensitive so take your time Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 23
ddemari
Super Contributor

Welcome to the Forums!!! Congrats on Chase! thats a good starting limit with them. I think you should take it slow, establish yourself with good payment history and let your card age a bit. And you will be in a great position 6-12 months down the road. 

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats! You are definitely in a better positon than most, having been an AU. I agree, I would wait a few months before apping again.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Use your new credit well and it will reward you!

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 23
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.