Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO AMEX

tag
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO AMEX

I have actually had this card for a while I got a preapproval in the mail last year.  I barely used the card and only have had the card since june.  (I bought $4 worth of things.)  One day I realized the groceries and gas back were good rebates.  I spoke with them one day about something and mentioned that the limit I had was rather low and bam they doubled it without a hard pull.  I thought that was weird, but hey I said thanks.  Now the card gets more use because of the rewards category. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 11 of 44
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new approval, nice card!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 12 of 44
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I've been itching to app for this card as well. Do you know your limit yet?

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 13 of 44
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

That "itch" is spreading
Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 44
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

I love my card 2% with no caps on gas and groceries.

SP CLI's every 3-4 with a simply phone call and generous with them too..

Fico 08 bankcard enhanced score every month

And not to tempt anyone but every case expect 1 that has applied from the pre approved mailer is approved.

The one case that wasn't approved that person went on a app spree before responding to the offer...so their profile had changed from the SP FNBO had seen previously viewed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 44
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

And not to tempt anyone but every case expect 1 that has applied from the pre approved mailer is approved.

The one case that wasn't approved that person went on a app spree before responding to the offer...so their profile had changed from the SP FNBO had seen previously viewed 

This is some awesome info, MJ!

I'm getting the pre approvals in the mail for their VISA but not their AMEX. I wonder if I'd be good to go for the AMEX....

Message 16 of 44
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

I'm getting the pre approvals in the mail for their VISA but not their AMEX. I wonder if I'd be good to go for the AMEX....

At least you're getting their attention. Smiley Tongue

I can't apply for anything, but I can live vicariously through others!

Message 17 of 44
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

I did a lot of research on them before I bit the bullet....a lot trust me 

Now I can't say if it's different when cold app'ing a different card than the pre-approval they send you didn't see any cases of that 

But I love the card

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 18 of 44
myjourney
Super Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats 

At least you're getting their attention. Smiley Tongue

I can't apply for anything, but I can live vicariously through others!

Oh no you get to the garden ASAP Lol

Chase is watching 

Do I need to call out the ERT's? Smiley LOL

I will now don't make me go there Smiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 19 of 44
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

I'll be good Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.