Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Approval -- 15 days after application

tag
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

FNBO Approval -- 15 days after application

I applied for the FNBO Visa on 7/11/21. The application went into a Pending status. I didn't receive any emails or anything, thus I called after four days to determine if they needed additional information to make a decision.

The representative reached out to underwriting who said that they didn't need anything further and that my app was in the queue for review.

I received a letter dated 7/20 on 7/23. They were requesting that I mail a copy of my DL, signed SS card and W-2s for the last two years. I called customer service and asked if I could fax or electronically submit the documents. The agent gave me a fax number and I sent the information that same day (last Friday, after 5 PM PST).

I just checked my application status on their website and see a message stating that I've been approved as of 7/26 with an initial credit line of $15,000  (which matches my pre-approval amount) and the card will arrive in 7-10 days.

I haven't received an email yet but I hope that these DPs help someone.

Have a great day!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

23 REPLIES 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO Approval -- 15 days after application

Grats on your new FNBO card Smiley Happy

I see they are asking for income verification this is new over the last year with some people.

Message 2 of 24
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I'm a rebuilder with a 30 day late from Jan 2016 and a couple of 30/60 day lates from 2014 and 2015 for SL. 

I also have high a  SL balance so perhaps that's why they took a measured approach with me.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 3 of 24
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Excellent approval! Congratulations on your shiny new card.

In my experience, 15 excruciating days of waiting always meant a denial! I'm glad yours turned out so much better. Smiley Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 4 of 24
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

That's great news!  Congrats on your big approval! Smiley Wink

Hopefully it won't take 15 more days to get your new shiny green card.... Smiley Surprised

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great news.

Good to hear.

Thanks

Mark

Message 6 of 24
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Big congrats, especially on your followup to their document requests!

I've said it before: I like this bank. I have a several year old FNBO-issued Scheels Visa and DH has a Signature Visa of some flavor. I also picked up the Evergreen this spring. 

Both our older cards have low interest loan offers. I took advantage of a small loan a while back which is almost paid off that was 4.99% interest I think. These open ended loans are very generous offerings and can be more useful than balance transfer checks because the length of the loan is determi ed by the borrower. 

We just leaned our 3/4 ton truck is going to need some engine work that will run about $3500. Going to use one of the checks DH received from FNBO.  I almost tossed the checks because I didn't think we'd need them. 

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 7 of 24
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats @SweetCreditObsession , on your FNBO approval👍

Message 8 of 24
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Thank you @M_Smart007, @Anonymous @Taurus22 @SoCalGardener.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 9 of 24
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Thank you, @gdale6 .

@KatSoDak - Thank you for the well wishes and for the DPs. I'm looking forward to getting started on working with FNBO.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.