Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Approval, but shocked at amount….

tag
RT209
New Contributor

FNBO Approval, but shocked at amount….

So, once again, there is no need for me to apply for new credit. I just cant garden well, but after this I will. I recently was approved for...

SoFi-$7,000

Paypal Mastercard-$3,000

Capital One Walmart Rewards-$3,000

TargetRedCard Mastercard $9,000

and last one FNBO.....$500. What...........

I did the preapproval and said I was good for $15,000 on the evergreen VISA. They didn't approve me right away and I got a letter in the mail to provide copy of license, social security card and two years of W-2 income. I faxed them the info since I didnt want to send my mail...sent on Nov 17th, got an email Nov 22 saying my application wad approved, but initial credit line $500! They will send a card 7-10 business days. What a slap in the face. My FICO scores are 801 Transunion and 806 Equifax. Maybe they didnt like me applying for all those cards at once. My utilization is at 2% across all my credit lines, which I have over 310,000...=so I keep all my balances low, 100% payment history, never been late on anything. I don't obviously bank with them, so i get it. They don't want to give me anything, at least I'm in at FNBO. I'll just use the card for a gas purchase per month and that's it. What a waste of a hard pull....oh well...

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Approval, but shocked at amount….

FNBO's been acting weird lately, there's a whole megathread detailing all the CLDs and account closures. They seem spooked in general. This sounds like another example.

At least you got the other cards. Congrats for that!

Message 2 of 20
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approvals . . . It's hard for me to garden, also . . . but so far so good for over a month. Smiley Frustrated

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 20
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@RT209 
Congratulations on all of your new cards!  

FNBO started acting squirrelly a few months ago and things have been weird ever since.  It is possible that it's the new account openings that limited your starting limit.  Everything else that you posted about your profile sounded great. 

The good thing is, you are eligible to call in and ask for a soft pull CLI sometime after four-six months, and then every four months after that. They can be somewhat generous with their increases, and the potential to grow your card in a short amount of time is there. Just remember to keep asking for a soft pull increase every four months after you get one.

Message 4 of 20
kickhard88
Contributor

9 months ago got approved for the getaway card sl 500 no auto increase and every offer is a hp no thanks

Message 5 of 20
CardAddict
Established Member

Congrats on the new approval. I would for sure use the new card a few times here and there and ask them for a credit line increase in a few months. A few days ago, Fnbo approved me for two new cards which had decent limits.

*My posts are NOT advice in any form. I am NOT responsible for the actions you take.

Message 6 of 20
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! @RT209 

Message 7 of 20
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

The have treated me very well including multiple auto cli.

(knock on wood).

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 20
805orbust
Valued Contributor

It was definitely all those new accounts.  Those guys are nutty over there but... 2022. 🤣

Message 9 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your Approval!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.