cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Approval, but shocked at amount….

tag
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

Re: FNBO Approval, but shocked at amount….

@RT209 congrats, this is a great card.  I had the opposite as you when I app'd them in April this year as they turned out to give me my highest SL at $5400.  I agree w/ the other posters, wait a few cycles and then CLI.  I just posted my own thread about getting a $20K NFCU plat CC today after <3 months ago them only approving me for a secured version.  Strange times for sure, BUT, at least you were approved and have a starting point to go up from!  Happy Thanksgiving and congrats again.  

PS- the spree most def had something to do with that SL Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 12 of 20
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your FNBO approval

Message 13 of 20
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on all your Approvals!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 14 of 20
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

@RT209 wrote:

So, once again, there is no need for me to apply for new credit. I just cant garden well, but after this I will. I recently was approved for...

SoFi-$7,000

Paypal Mastercard-$3,000

Capital One Walmart Rewards-$3,000

TargetRedCard Mastercard $9,000

and last one FNBO.....$500. What...........

I did the preapproval and said I was good for $15,000 on the evergreen VISA. They didn't approve me right away and I got a letter in the mail to provide copy of license, social security card and two years of W-2 income. I faxed them the info since I didnt want to send my mail...sent on Nov 17th, got an email Nov 22 saying my application wad approved, but initial credit line $500! They will send a card 7-10 business days. What a slap in the face. My FICO scores are 801 Transunion and 806 Equifax. Maybe they didnt like me applying for all those cards at once. My utilization is at 2% across all my credit lines, which I have over 310,000...=so I keep all my balances low, 100% payment history, never been late on anything. I don't obviously bank with them, so i get it. They don't want to give me anything, at least I'm in at FNBO. I'll just use the card for a gas purchase per month and that's it. What a waste of a hard pull....oh well...

Congratulations on your other approvals but FNBO DOESNT AURPRISE ME ONE BIT.  They've been weird lately, slashing limits and closing accounts without rhyme or reason.  

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 20
12njoy
Super Contributor

Congrats on the FNBO approval.  I defintely love FNBO (even though they won't give me that BP Visa) lol.  Your card will grow with SP's trust me.  I started with one card with them and it was under 5k.  I can't remember what year that was but it was between 2014-2016 I believe.  Today I am maxed out with them (as they have told me many times).  I was never approved for anything over 10k with FNBO but over the years I have amassed the following through CLI's like clockwork every 4-6 months using SP's (never took a HP).  Even got one auto CLI on my highest FNBO card.

Mlife 25k

Old National Bank Visa 25k

FNBO Mastercard 25k

FNBO Rewards Mastercard 25k

FNBO Visa 25k

Sun Country Visa 38.5k

I will tell you that I called them about 2 years ago and they told me that they were doing CLD's because of score drops.  Don't know if everyone fit into that category but I would guess not everyone does.  In my experience based on my CLI's, they like to see useage.  I caried a BT on my Sun Country for about 2 years (@1.9%) for about 10k.  Once I got that card down to about 3k, they hit me with an auto CLI from 25k to 38.5k.  They have some sweet BT offers. They also told me  that any customer requested CLI for over 25k would require a HP which is why I've stopped calling.  I've had a ton of new accounts and they have not given me any CLD's (as I'm knocking on wood).  They routinely send me letters if my card is dormant for about 6 months basically saying if I don't use it they will close the account so off to get a quick bite to eat I go.  FNBO is my sinle largest lender.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 16 of 20
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the new line! As others have said, it WILL grow via SP CLIs and I've found then to be fairly generous.  Best wishes😃

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 17 of 20
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@12njoy thank you for the pertinent DPs!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 18 of 20
RT209
New Contributor

Finally received the card in the mail today. I have 0% APR until November 2023 after that 17.99%. It shows I can get a $200 Bonus if I spend $1,000 in the first three months of account opening, but again they gave me a toy limit of $500 lol. What can I do to get this card to grow....obviously spend on it. Should I get close to the $500 every month and pay down lets say half that amount to post as a balance? I'll start racking up small transactions I guess...

Message 19 of 20
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@RT209 wrote:

Finally received the card in the mail today. I have 0% APR until November 2023 after that 17.99%. It shows I can get a $200 Bonus if I spend $1,000 in the first three months of account opening, but again they gave me a toy limit of $500 lol. What can I do to get this card to grow....obviously spend on it. Should I get close to the $500 every month and pay down lets say half that amount to post as a balance? I'll start racking up small transactions I guess...

I spend and pay weekly on my Evergreen. They seem to like that as my limit has doubled in the last year where everyone else is getting CLDs and whatnot. I would under no circumstances use this card for a BT though. I've never done one, but I had to I wouldn't use the Evergreen to do it.

3/3/24
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.