Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Approval!

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

FNBO Approval!

Received a mailer a few weeks ago from First National Bank of Omaha to apply for their Platinum Elite Visa  with  No AF + 5.99 APR BT for life 0%APR until april 2018 & free bankcard fico scores. I knew they where inquiry sensitive and a rather tough "cookie" to crack. But I had been in the garden for the last 6 months so thought I would give it a shot. Placed that app this past Tuesday and it went pending. From my research I knew they would manual review it and decided not to call and wait out the process. Checked the application status site on Friday after dinner and to my suprise they had wrapped things up and gave me the approval with a $8,000 SL!  It's really just a no frills card but  the opportunity for SP cli's every 3-4 months is what pushed me to app.

Some data points: 1(inquiry) the past 6 months and 2 in the past 10 months.

EXP in which they pulled at the time was 734 but took a hit after the pull but a pull that was well worth it. Smiley Wink

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: FNBO Approval!

wow that's so AWESOME 5.9 FOR LIFE Smiley Happy

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 21
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@JoeLusHisCredit thank you! @Anusara many thanks to you as well!

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 4 of 21
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting in with FNBO!
Message 5 of 21
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks Gmood! In conducting my research I even came across one of your older thread approvals for the FNBO Travel Amex and used your experience as added inspiration. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Bruised, i feel bruised just tryig to say the entire card name but for 8g ill happily make an exceptionSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

5.99 APR FOR LIFE?!? Man, I'd trade in a few mine to get that. Well, not really but I'd add that to my colleciton. I gave up on FNBO.

Message 8 of 21
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Lol @AJC Thanks so much. I can see a FNBO approval someday down the road for you! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 21
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

5.99 APR FOR LIFE?!? Man, I'd trade in a few mine to get that. Well, not really but I'd add that to my colleciton. I gave up on FNBO.

I wish it was 5.99 APR on purchases for life! But, its only for any BT's that I do down the road which still isn't a bad trade off. FNBO is from what I've researched very tough to get in with. A steady diet of gardening the last 6 months gave me a little inspiration and their malier's are usually pretty solid.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.