Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Duck Unlimited Approval

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

FNBO Duck Unlimited Approval

So since my Experian  was finally clean as of last week(last 150+ day late from Student loan feel off) having a 790 Fico 08 score and 2 inquiries in the last year both in July so basically approaching 0 inquiries on Experian  figured I wanted to have 1 Experian  puller since Experian  gets no pulls they all goto you guessed it EQ in the southeastern part of US.

So applied for ducks unlimited through FNBO on Thursday night went to review (was kinda surprised it wasn't auto approved to be honest).  I then get a bit worried Smiley Surprised  ..  Anyways called today and asked if denied even though i knew it was pending person said nah just hasn't been gotten to yet and he would get it in front of a UW today I was like cool..  Just checked status and the results are below.  Pretty happy with the results I think that is one of the higher initial SL's I have seen for FNBO and this card?

Unlimited 5% gas and 5% sporting goods with no AF.

LOL/24, LOL/12 and so on.. Just low inquiries on Experian Smiley Happy

Income: 6 figures

AAOA 3.6 years?

Any other questions feel free to ask

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 2.34.28 PM.png

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO Duck Unlimited Approval

I'm guessing this was more of a "challenge" card than something high on your bucket list of cards to get.  If FNBO would get their head out of their butt and open up the geo fence it would be nice to pick up some of their decent offerings.

Message 2 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm guessing this was more of a "challenge" card than something high on your bucket list of cards to get.  If FNBO would get their head out of their butt and open up the geo fence it would be nice to pick up some of their decent offerings.

Meh kinda a challenge card as FNBO is known to be fairly up tight and conservative.. Although it is best in class card for a 5% back on Gas and 5% back at sporting good stores and their SP cli's are like clockwork.  It actually is a pretty hard card to get for some even people well into the 800's due to inquiries.  I didn't have those working against me on Experian  though.  Obviously they looked past the new accounts!  If you drove tons which I drive a decent amount think trucker or something this card would be wonderful, but plan on using it for main gas card when Freedom doesn't have it as a cat card and to get a few firearms as well (please no-one get political on that, thanks.).

They also have quite a few cards that aren't geo fenced such as this card, m-life, many cobranded and affinity cards that many can get if it suits your need

Message 3 of 36
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Great card.

Just got 0% for 12 months with 2% fee and 6.99% for life of transfer offers.

Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the new “challenge” card! Great SL!

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and SL! 

Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

They also have quite a few cards that aren't geo fenced such as this card, m-life, many cobranded and affinity cards that many can get if it suits your need

yeah, but their co-brands don't appeal to me.  I have 5% gas through Sam's so that's negated as well.  

Message 7 of 36
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to you on a nice snag!!! Thats a awesome SL for them as well. Nice job @CreditCuriosity!
Message 8 of 36
GSP_1
Valued Member

Congrats on this challenge /accomplishment.

I will say that I collect firearms owner's manuals. If it is a new one and a firearm is in the box also... that's even better.Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! Congrats on your new FNBO Ducks Unlimited card! 

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.