Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO NRA Visa auto CLI after 2 years..

tag
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

FNBO NRA Visa auto CLI after 2 years..

I've had the card since December 2017, and recently was reading a thread about how they sometimes soft pull for CLI.  I went to the CLI page, and the wording sounded like it was going to be a hard pull, so I canceled.  I'm not sure if that triggered them to take a look, or if they just gave me one because it's been two years, but I got a letter in the mail for a CLI today.

The card went from $4,100 to ... :drumroll:   $4,400.  Smiley Happy  A $300 increase after two years.

Oh well, I typically only use it as a gas card, so I don't come close to using the limit.  I did run $700 through this past month buying new toys at Field and Stream, which counts for the cards sporting goods category, so I guess that might have played into it too.  

Even though it's only $300, I'll take any increase that doesn't cost me a hard pull.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: FNBO NRA Visa auto CLI after 2 years..

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, That is a Monster CLI after 2 yrsSmiley Tongue

Message 3 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I didnt think this card was still around

Mini congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 14
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

I didnt think this card was still around

Mini congrats

You can't apply for it anymore.  FNBO says that they will not renew their contract with the NRA after the current contract is up.  They do not say how long the current contract is for, however.  So it could be years for all I know..  :shrug:

I'm fine with it being a Ducks Unlimited card instead or an unbranded card, as long as I keep my 5% categories of gas and sporting goods.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I got two $2000 CLIs within the last 1 to 1.5 years by calling and asking for SP CLI.

I have Ducks Unl card.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the CLI OP, with FNBO you can call in every 4 months to see if there is an SP CLI available for you.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grats! As has been mentioned, FNBO is conservative. After 25 statements I still have received no credit limit increases and had activity of at least $200 a month! Different card however. Smiley Sad  Update, after 25 statements FNBO did upon my telephone request increase my CL by $5,000 with no HP or SP. The letter they sent stated the increase was based on my internal credit performance.

Message 9 of 14
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on the CLI OP, with FNBO you can call in every 4 months to see if there is an SP CLI available for you.

Oh, I didn't know that!  Thank you!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.