Super Contributor

Re: FNBO Platinum Edition Visa Approved

Thanks so much guys! 😆
Message 31 of 43
12njoy
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

After the longest application process ever, I just found out I was approved $6k for the FNBO Platinum Edition Visa. Applied on Oct 1st. Received verification call today and just checked Application Status page. First app with this bank. 

Screenshot_2016-10-12-19-50-00-1.png

Congrats

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 32 of 43
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Nice, all apps are reviewed by Human eyes. I apped 12/22/15 for the Bucksback Visa and was a customer at the time, never heard a word until 1/5/16, everyone was on vacation. LOL. 

Now THAT'S the card of theirs I would love to have. Do you think they will open up apps again?

Dont know, on their special time limited cards I have yet to see a repeat. Im on their site quite a lot since I have 3 with them If I see any 2 percenters I will post about it in CC forum.

I believe the only 2% card FNBO offers now is the Complete Rewards VISA. You can ACH the cash back to your checking or savings account at your Bank/CU to get the 2% rate.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~lemay/complete%20rewards.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 33 of 43
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to you Baller! Nice approval!
Message 34 of 43
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

After the longest application process ever, I just found out I was approved $6k for the FNBO Platinum Edition Visa. Applied on Oct 1st. Received verification call today and just checked Application Status page. First app with this bank. 

That is quite a process.

I think I lucked out on my first card with them by calling in after some days and stepping up the process by completing the security questions.

2 days later my pending went to approved.

Message 35 of 43
baller4life
Super Contributor

That's so weird Magic cause your post made me call in to make sure it wasn't a verification issue. The lady put me on hold and said no. I was in the UW que to be reviewed. And they STILL called on day 11 to verify me! 😩
Message 36 of 43
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
That's so weird Magic cause your post made me call in to make sure it wasn't a verification issue. The lady put me on hold and said no. I was in the UW que to be reviewed. And they STILL called on day 11 to verify me! 😩

Yeah I know. My TD Card CLI approval took much longer than the FNBO first card approval which I expected might drag on for awhile.

And that's why I called checking status where they went straight ahead with the Q&A session. 2 days later approval.

Roughly about week tops and why I say I lucked out and likely got in while the apps were few at the time I suppose.

Message 37 of 43
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@baller4life wrote:

Citi did this to me as well with my Diamond Preferred application... after waiting two weeks I called them to check status, only to be told they were still working on things.  Then two days later I got an email telling me to call them or my application would no longer be considered.  (What?)

It was confusing for sure, but like in your case with FNBO it turned out OK in the end.  I'll definitely think twice before apping for another Citi card (or a FNBO card), though.  Too much drama for me!  Smiley Surprised

Message 38 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller...congrats!  I went through their nailbiting wait period in June after apping for Overstock MC. Turned out well with $3500 SL. 

BUT...

@uncleb...LOL...I completely agree. I much prefer the instant yes or no.

From everything I have read, it's all good with them, though. Looking forward to my first CLI. (I'm using a lot and paying in full)

I think it is every 4 months, but I may wait 6 just to be sure, and let some other things settle a bit.

Message 39 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many wallets do you carry to hold all of them cards of yoursSmiley Very Happy  

Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.