Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Sheetz Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FNBO Sheetz Approval

**EDIT: Approved for $6K SL"*

FNB Omaha is a tough one and 2 years ago turned me down for a silly Sheetz gas card, even with 800 scores across the board. Said I had too many INQs and new cards due to a spree. Sheetz is a very popular gas station here in the northeast and the CC gives you 5 cents off per gallon, plus in-store rewards. Combine the 5 cents for using their gas card along with the 3 cents for just having a regular Sheetz card, will now give me 8 cents off per gallon. They're already the cheapest gas in town and literally across the street from where I work.

I decided to app for this card again tonight after considering it (had posted in another thread). I had 1 EX HP in January but nothing else in over a year. Got an immediate approval, however it did not tell me what the CL will be. It's one that I'll pay for gas with and immediately pay off and not carry a balance, plus I'm sure the APR will be high. I don't know typically what FNBO normally gives for a CL for their gas cards, so I guess I'll hold my breath and wait. I did call CS and they have no record yet of my app, they said it will be 24 hours.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FNBO Sheetz Approval

Congrats. I hear they are very picky on new customers
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats. I hear they are very picky on new customers

I read good things about FNBO, I guess once you're in, they take care of you.

Message 3 of 10
thummel
Established Contributor

Congrats on the FNBO approval! They are currently next on my list.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thummel wrote:

They are very very conservative. Two years ago they turned me down for this same card because of too many INQs.

Message 5 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@thummel wrote:

They are very very conservative. Two years ago they turned me down for this same card because of too many INQs.

That is so right!

It took myself something on the order of 2 years plus just to get in with them. INQ's were also the issue here but as they dwindled down to a mere few it was a whole other ballgame and acceptance was sweet,

FNBO is everything you read about in here and personally i also really admire their customer service and SP CLI's are a big sell point IMO if you have the patience to manage your profile to their favor.

Congratulations!!

Message 6 of 10
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

They turned me down 4 months ago when I answered their pre-approval they sent me.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steelers1 wrote:

Congrats!

They turned me down 4 months ago when I answered their pre-approval they sent me.

That's what happened to me 2 years ago too. I had a pre-approval too and got turned down for the INQs.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was surprised, got the card today and activated it, just in time for the big snowstorm that's coming and I filled up the gas tank and gas cans for the snowblower and generator and got my 8 cents off per gallon of gas at Sheetz.

Even more surprising is the fact the APR is 16.49%. That I was not expecting, two years ago the offer was 21.99% when I was turned down. Apparently they think higher of me this time around.

Sort of glad to have a relationship now with FNBO. Hope they don't mind the PIFs each month.

Message 9 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was surprised, got the card today and activated it, just in time for the big snowstorm that's coming and I filled up the gas tank and gas cans for the snowblower and generator and got my 8 cents off per gallon of gas at Sheetz.

Even more surprising is the fact the APR is 16.49%. That I was not expecting, two years ago the offer was 21.99% when I was turned down. Apparently they think higher of me this time around.

Sort of glad to have a relationship now with FNBO. Hope they don't mind the PIFs each month.

They won't mind that at all.

In fact you'll be surprised again when in about 4 months or so you will be eligible for a nice SP CLI.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.