Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FU approval... CLI increase same pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

FU approval... CLI increase same pull?

First things first, a big thank you to the MyFico community! Started with no cards in December of last year and got a Cap1 Platinum with a $300 limit. Score at the time I discovered was maybe mid 500s due to an erroneus "late payment" reporting. Knew absolutely nothing about credit then. Dealing with that, and thankfully having it succesfully removed, led me here to the forums. Was approved for a Chase CSR in July at 16.8K. Today, I applied for a FU and was instantly approved at 21.7K. None of this, of course, would have been possible without this forum. Feel indebted to every single one of you here who post! Soooo, quick question for you guys... doubt I'll push anything, but if I were to request a CLI on the Reserve this evening, might it possibly fall under the same hard pull? Anyone have experience combining app and cli pulls in this way with Chase? Thanks so much, again, to all of you! And Happy New Year!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Lemark
Contributor

Re: FU approval... CLI increase same pull?

Happy New Year to you as well and Congratulations on the approval. I was under the impression Chase doesn't do CLIs on the site but rather takes in income and during or after 6 months of use they may increase limit at least is what happened in my case from frequent use and pay. Most likely hard pull if you were to call them and CLI option is available. I notice now that to avoid customers combining pulls, Chase sometimes does extra pull with a different  name eg. 1 pull may have Chase Bank and 2nd may say Chase Bank NA so CBs see as multiple, very crafty on their part.

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 2 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats OP

What a way to end 2018 and burst into 2019. Just awesome.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and massive SL !!!

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

First things first, a big thank you to the MyFico community! Started with no cards in December of last year and got a Cap1 Platinum with a $300 limit. Score at the time I discovered was maybe mid 500s due to an erroneus "late payment" reporting. Knew absolutely nothing about credit then. Dealing with that, and thankfully having it succesfully removed, led me here to the forums. Was approved for a Chase CSR in July at 16.8K. Today, I applied for a FU and was instantly approved at 21.7K. None of this, of course, would have been possible without this forum. Feel indebted to every single one of you here who post! Soooo, quick question for you guys... doubt I'll push anything, but if I were to request a CLI on the Reserve this evening, might it possibly fall under the same hard pull? Anyone have experience combining app and cli pulls in this way with Chase? Thanks so much, again, to all of you! And Happy New Year!

Congrats on the FU approval OP. 

Unfortunately, they will not reuse the HP for the CLI.  A separate HP will be incurred if you decide to pull the trigger.

Message 6 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the FU approval OP. 

Unfortunately, they will not reuse the HP for the CLI.  A separate HP will be incurred if you decide to pull the trigger.

This. The pull will not be reused. I wouldn't really bother wasting a pull for a CLI because with Chase's underwriters you are unlikely to get anywhere right now. Just let the account age and try for a CLI in at least 6 months or so. Be warned, though, Chase in general isn't really known for CLI results. A 21k limit is great; I would just leave it alone.

Message 7 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Awesome SL to start with. I would concur with what is said above, an additional HP will be required. I would leave it as is for now and hopefully Chase gives the rare auto-CLI.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.