Fidelity AMEX CLI whoa!!

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Fidelity AMEX CLI whoa!!

@wacdenney wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I requested this over the weekend and got the 7 to 10 day message.  I had recently gotten a CLI on my BofA card and I generally hit these at the same time.

I logged in today and they approved the full amount I asked for.  I went from 17k to 25k and FIA is once again my highest limit.

I am soooo dreading this transitioning to Elan.  FIA loves me and I love them back.  I just want to keep things the way they are!

Congrats.  I felt the same way so I transitioned right to another FIA/BofA card (Bank Americard) to keep my $30,000 safe and sound.  Not saying Elan/US Bank will do anything, but I know US Bank don't care for my profile and therefore I had to move.

How exactly did you go about doing that?  Did BofA actually let you combine the limits??

I actually applied for another card because they wouldn't let me combine my Fidelity card with my Alaska Airlines card.  I know they can do it because I've done it before.   Rather than keep going back and forth with them,  I applied for the americard which I knew they would deny.  This way I knew they could transfer the limit over to the new card which they did.  This preserved my $30,000 with FIA/BofA and closed the Fidelity card.  It costs me am inquiry but well worth my piece of mind

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 16
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I requested this over the weekend and got the 7 to 10 day message.  I had recently gotten a CLI on my BofA card and I generally hit these at the same time.

I logged in today and they approved the full amount I asked for.  I went from 17k to 25k and FIA is once again my highest limit.

I am soooo dreading this transitioning to Elan.  FIA loves me and I love them back.  I just want to keep things the way they are!

Congrats.  I felt the same way so I transitioned right to another FIA/BofA card (Bank Americard) to keep my $30,000 safe and sound.  Not saying Elan/US Bank will do anything, but I know US Bank don't care for my profile and therefore I had to move.

How exactly did you go about doing that?  Did BofA actually let you combine the limits??

I actually applied for another card because they wouldn't let me combine my Fidelity card with my Alaska Airlines card.  I know they can do it because I've done it before.   Rather than keep going back and forth with them,  I applied for the americard which I knew they would deny.  This way I knew they could transfer the limit over to the new card which they did.  This preserved my $30,000 with FIA/BofA and closed the Fidelity card.  It costs me am inquiry but well worth my piece of mind

I haven't even called and tried to be honest, but I guess I am going to just ride out the storm and see what happens.  I'm hoping that once the card is migrated over to Elan that BofA will up the limit on my card with them.

Message 12 of 16
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

So I got a letter in the mail from FIA card services today and aparently this was not an approval after all.  Instead they moved some of my limit over from my BofA card to make the Fidelity card 25k.  That is the LAST thing I wanted them to do.  Now my BofA card has been slashed to 7k and the Fidelity card is about to transition to Elan where it could be slashed as well.  DANGIT!!!  Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wacdenney wrote:

So I got a letter in the mail from FIA card services today and aparently this was not an approval after all.  Instead they moved some of my limit over from my BofA card to make the Fidelity card 25k.  That is the LAST thing I wanted them to do.  Now my BofA card has been slashed to 7k and the Fidelity card is about to transition to Elan where it could be slashed as well.  DANGIT!!!  Smiley Sad

It's happened to a few folks before, even 12njoy experienced this at one point (happy joy joy until you check the BOA side).  This is usually a sign that you're close to ceiling with FIA/BOA in getting any additional extension of CL.  So, you have he option of keeping it as is or calling UW to reallocate back to the BOA card.

IME, I'm not touching any of my BOA/FIA CCs until it's all said and done with Elan.  I'm hoping they can keep my Fido Private Client AmEx as is with the current CL.  Once the dust has settled and the FIA exposure is gone from the BOA systems, I can explore additional options with other cards that remain on the BOA side Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 16
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

It's happened to a few folks before, even 12njoy experienced this at one point (happy joy joy until you check the BOA side).  This is usually a sign that you're close to ceiling with FIA/BOA in getting any additional extension of CL.  So, you have he option of keeping it as is or calling UW to reallocate back to the BOA card.

IME, I'm not touching any of my BOA/FIA CCs until it's all said and done with Elan.  I'm hoping they can keep my Fido Private Client AmEx as is with the current CL.  Once the dust has settled and the FIA exposure is gone from the BOA systems, I can explore additional options with other cards that remain on the BOA side Smiley Tongue

Yeah, I guess that's where I'm at.  Just wait it out and after the transition is done I'll hit up BofA for another CLI. 

It's just disappointing...  They could have called and I wouldn't have chosen to do this, but at this point I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

Message 15 of 16
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.