Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Amex CLI Approved!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Fidelity Amex CLI Approved!

My friend applied and got a Fidelity Amex for $3k last month after my partner and I got ours since he does all banking with BofA and this is a better everyday card... he only has these 2 credit cards and extremely high 700's scores but he just won't open credit cards which has held him back with smaller limits... Anyway last night he was over and was asking and logging into his account about going over credit line or being denied a charge and said maybe I should just call tomorrow when they are open and ask about CLI (his BofA is at $7k, only after asking for the increase from $5k a few months back to be able to have the limit for a charge he needed)

ANYWAY he was on the Fidelity website and the "Request increase button" was right there and I was sitting next to him when he talked about calling and I just pointed to the button... he clicked and it said how much and I reached over and typed in $10,000 which he right away started to delete to enter just $2k and I said NO, they counter your lucky I'm not telling you to ask for more!

so after hesitation he filled out income and job title and submit with $10k and got message to call during business hours.

I prepped him what to say when calling, etc. and he logged in this morning to schedule payment so he would have that point when he called about the CLI (current balance $2400 out of the $3k) and he text me the CLI was already on the account!

New Credit Line $10k

see now I should have had him ask for $25k! Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
NotUsher
Contributor

Re: Fidelity Amex CLI Approved!

congrats! Was it a HP?

Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

WooHoo! Good job!

How long has he had his cc? I'm waiting in mine in the mail so I want to mark my calendar. Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think it's always a HP when customer initiated.

He has had the card for 1 month (he is in middle of 2nd month, only 1 statement and 1 PIF so far)

Message 4 of 12
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

I made the same request from 2.5k to 10k after 1 statement/PIF and got a HP with a counter to $7k. Not bad.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think it's always a HP when customer initiated.

He has had the card for 1 month (he is in middle of 2nd month, only 1 statement and 1 PIF so far)

Thanks for the info!

Message 6 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Good Job!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

My friend applied and got a Fidelity Amex for $3k last month after my partner and I got ours since he does all banking with BofA and this is a better everyday card... he only has these 2 credit cards and extremely high 700's scores but he just won't open credit cards which has held him back with smaller limits... Anyway last night he was over and was asking and logging into his account about going over credit line or being denied a charge and said maybe I should just call tomorrow when they are open and ask about CLI (his BofA is at $7k, only after asking for the increase from $5k a few months back to be able to have the limit for a charge he needed)

ANYWAY he was on the Fidelity website and the "Request increase button" was right there and I was sitting next to him when he talked about calling and I just pointed to the button... he clicked and it said how much and I reached over and typed in $10,000 which he right away started to delete to enter just $2k and I said NO, they counter your lucky I'm not telling you to ask for more!

so after hesitation he filled out income and job title and submit with $10k and got message to call during business hours.

I prepped him what to say when calling, etc. and he logged in this morning to schedule payment so he would have that point when he called about the CLI (current balance $2400 out of the $3k) and he text me the CLI was already on the account!

New Credit Line $10k

Why am I not surprised...LOL.  Well, congrats to your friend on his CLI!

Message 8 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good job Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

New Credit Line $10k

CA Strikes once again! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats to your friend's CLI!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.