cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Rewards 2% Visa (Elan Financial)

tag
pete19103
New Contributor

Fidelity Rewards 2% Visa (Elan Financial)

I have been getting pre-approvals for the last few months to apply for the Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature 2% card(it’s only 2% when transferred to certain Fidelity accounts; otherwise 1.5% I believe) from Elan Financials and finally decided to go for it a couple days before my pre-approval expired March 31.  $150 SUB, 0% purchase and BT for 12 months.

FICO Exp Bankcard 9 score of 775, 15% utilization, AOA 3 years 4 months.  Most recent spree: 2 cards 11 months ago, 1 card exactly 1 year ago and another 13 months ago. 21 cards total, highest limit $17K from Discover and total CL of $125K   I just read today that Elan is part of US Bank which would have given me some serious second thoughts; US Bank had rejected me a couple years ago simply because I had gotten 2 new cards about 8 months before applying; told me to wait 6 months and re-apply. That is my only card rejection within the last several years.  I do have a couple Fidelity accounts which I have had for at least 20 years but with only about $500 total in them; no current(or previous) Elan Financial cards at all.

I felt pretty good about my chances (I didn’t know about the US Bank affiliation at that time) and figured I would get one of those “we are reviewing your application” messages and ultimately get approved for maybe a $5K SL max.   Instead, imagine my shock when I got an instant approval for $18K.  This becomes my highest limit card; I still can’t believe it.

12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Fidelity Rewards 2% Visa (Elan Financial)

Congratulations on your approval! Thank you for sharing the data points.
Message 2 of 13
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

"Elan Strikes Again"...

🥳 Congratulations on your approval! 👏 👏 

Message 3 of 13
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

congratsfetti.gif

AU

Message 4 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy macaroni, now that's an SL. Geez. You're credentials are quite good so I guess it's expected. Congrats 🎉 

Message 6 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

That is a great approval out of Elan, grats on it Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

|  
Message 8 of 13
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Fidelity Rewards approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

I've seen a few others approved for this CC recently. It seems hot right now. Lol

Congratulations on a sweet SL

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.