Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Approved

tag
rrr66
Valued Member

Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Approved

Received an e-mail last Friday with an offer code to apply for a Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature card.  Tried the link in the email, but the application would not work and allow input of my SSN, so ended up calling in and doing application over the phone, a very agonizing process with all the disclaimers, etc. the rep had to read.  Thought it would be a while before I heard back as Elan is typically slow.  Logged into my Fidelity account this morning and saw the new Visa sitting there with a $12,500 SL, 14.24 APR.  It's your typical 2% cash card, that can deposit right into your Fidelity account with the rewards.  Received an alert this morning from EX with the HP from Elan on yesterday.  EX 08 score is 717.  Lot of baddies 4 years ago.  Approximately 15 inq in past year and quite a few new accounts, although most of those are passing the 1 year mark now.

Happy to round out my portfolio and should be all set for quite some time unless something great comes my way.  Would still like to pick up a few more CU cards to supplement my NFCU and Penfed ones, but that can wait until everything ages some more, I have plenty of credit.  I'd also like to get back in with BOA at some point (they kicked me out do to late payments in the past, but they got paid every cent owed to them), but we will see how long they hold their grudge.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature Approved

Congrats on the Fidelity Visa - it's a good basic 2% card with a moderate APR - you might want to check and see if there is a cash spend bonus on your card, usually its $100 for various spending levels. I got the $100 bank on my Fedility when it was an Amex and recently got a second offer $100 for $2000 spend within 90 days which I'm just going to hit in the next week or two (60 to 75 days) - no sense leaving cash on the table. 

This is dated a few months ago but might still apply: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/fidelity-visa-2-back-card-100-sign-bonus-publicly-available/

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I decided to close mine when it did the Elan shift.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 4 of 11
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

I got the same email - actually get them quarterly and just never acted.  Congrats and good luck!  I can't think anything better than putting rewards towards a savings plan.

Smiley Happy

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is GOOD NEWS! Enjoy your new Spending Limit.
Message 6 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 11
LDS90
Valued Member

@rrr66 wrote:

Received an e-mail last Friday with an offer code to apply for a Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature card.  Tried the link in the email, but the application would not work and allow input of my SSN, so ended up calling in and doing application over the phone, a very agonizing process with all the disclaimers, etc. the rep had to read.  Thought it would be a while before I heard back as Elan is typically slow.  Logged into my Fidelity account this morning and saw the new Visa sitting there with a $12,500 SL, 14.24 APR.  It's your typical 2% cash card, that can deposit right into your Fidelity account with the rewards.  Received an alert this morning from EX with the HP from Elan on yesterday.  EX 08 score is 717.  Lot of baddies 4 years ago.  Approximately 15 inq in past year and quite a few new accounts, although most of those are passing the 1 year mark now.

Happy to round out my portfolio and should be all set for quite some time unless something great comes my way.  Would still like to pick up a few more CU cards to supplement my NFCU and Penfed ones, but that can wait until everything ages some more, I have plenty of credit.  I'd also like to get back in with BOA at some point (they kicked me out do to late payments in the past, but they got paid every cent owed to them), but we will see how long they hold their grudge.

rrr,

Thank you so much for the data points you have provided.  I'm trying to determine when may be the best time for my app.  Do you happen to know your EX 02 used for mortgage score decisions.  Some have stated that they may use these type mortgage scores for decisions (my Ex 02 is a little higher and I would not have to wait to apply).

I really like the idea of the rewards going straight into the fidelity account.

Thank you again for all the information and enjoy your new card! 

Message 8 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Not too shabby!! Congrats to you on the approval!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature! Well done! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.