cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Trio...approved or denied?- UPDATE APPROVED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fifth Third Trio...approved or denied?- UPDATE APPROVED!!

I received a preapproval for the trio card and decided to take the inquiry as there was a decent BT offer with it. When I did the app, all I got was a "Thank you for applying". No approval, no denial...nothing. I called and was told for security reasons they could not give a status over the phone. Yesterday in the mail I received an envelope from them containing nothing other than the notice they pulled TU and my score was 693. Again, no letter of denial or anything. Anyone know what the heck could be going on? I have never had this type of experience before, its always been immediate approval or denial. 

Turns out this was approved. Got the card yesterday with a SL of $4000

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fifth Third Trio...approved or denied?

It appears like this was an approval, perhaps? Basing this off the notice you received (i.e. the price you pay for credit).

What does the rest of the body of the email state?

Also, keep in mind that not every application will result with instant results. A variety of Fifth Third CC applications tend to go the pending route while some can yield an immediate approval.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never received an email. When I hit the submit button on the application, I got a pop up window that just said Thank you for applying and something about 7-10 days. I do see from the USPS Informed Delivery email this morning that I have another envelope today from 5th 3rd. Return address is only a P.O. Box, but I can see a faint hint of their logo through the image. Hopefully it’s a card and a good SL!
Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:
It appears like this was an approval, perhaps? Basing this off the notice you received (i.e. the price you pay for credit).

Also, keep in mind that not every application will result with instant results. A variety of Fifth Third CC applications tend to go the pending route while some can yield an immediate approval.

+1 guessing it is the price you pay for credit mails most banks give you if you dont get the best APR

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

+1 guessing it is the price you pay for credit mails most banks give you if you dont get the best APR

Yes that is the notice I received yesterday. I could not remember what it was called! 

Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Correct. And based on your previous reply, it sounds like the plastic is on its way.
Message 6 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your soon to be new card

I will say that is sounds like 5/3 takes all the fun out of apping if this is a typical approval

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going through the same thing...got the cost of credit letter the other day, which I took as a good sign.  A couple of my BILs work at 5/3 in the main tower in downtown Cincinnati and really like the bank.  I haven't done any banking with them in over 20 years, so we'll see how this plays out.  Takes me back to the 80s when you would mail off an app and hope and pray a thick envelope with a card inside would turn up in the mail eventually.  A thin envelope was bad news, a thick one was good news.  It was almost like applying for colleges, the thicker the envelope, the better.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Going through the same thing...got the cost of credit letter the other day, which I took as a good sign.  A couple of my BILs work at 5/3 in the main tower in downtown Cincinnati and really like the bank.  I haven't done any banking with them in over 20 years, so we'll see how this plays out.  Takes me back to the 80s when you would mail off an app and hope and pray a thick envelope with a card inside would turn up in the mail eventually.  A thin envelope was bad news, a thick one was good news.  It was almost like applying for colleges, the thicker the envelope, the better.

I did end up with the card yesterday. I was happy to have that thick envelope! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats OP, glad to hear it was confirmed as an approval.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.