Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Amex 1K SL has grown to 5K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Amex 1K SL has grown to 5K

Amex.PNG

I have an everyday card; opened  March 2016 SL 1K, I requested a cli on two separate occassions.  Both times they were denied. After the first request, I did not use the card for about eight months and  when I charged on the card, they gave me a 1k increase bringing me to 2K.  After about 6 months, I tried again and it was denied.  

I was feeling bold this morning, and knew I had nothing to lose, so I requested a cli from 2K to 5K,  Instantly Approved.  One of the other things I did before I requested the cli, is checked my spending power, I put the amount at 3.5K, it said that it woud be approved, don't know if this information will  help any one.  I have also been Preapproved for  almost all of their cards when I log on.  

Per Discover, my fico is 735, my last two approvals started me at 10K and my Discover credit limit is 14.7K.  I report 90K earned income. BK 12/2010

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally Amex 1K SL has grown to 5K

Big congratsSmiley HappyLooks like the door is open nowSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

I’m “due” a request on either one of mine as the time since last request has exceeded the minimum. I’m a bit apprehensive to do it because of my increase in total credit limits ($50K in 3Mo) since the last time I requested it. I don’t want them peering any closer, if you will.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know what you mean, but I think my increase in available credit, plus time, is what allowed them to give me the increase.  Additionally check your spending power, see if they will allow you spend 3k.

Message 4 of 12
peghede
Valued Contributor

Amex sucks...still congrats on cli m8

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI but it looks like you left some money on the table.  You should have requested 3X and let them counter-offer if they didn't want to bump you up to $6,000.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was really thinking they were going to deny me again. Not thinking about the 3X CL. lol
Message 7 of 12
peghede
Valued Contributor

Yup he left money on the table, im getting tired of going back to pick up the money you m8s are leaving on the tables.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark your calendar for 181 days from today to request your 3X to $15,000.

wrote:
I was really thinking they were going to deny me again. Not thinking about the 3X CL. lol

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Mark your calendar for 181 days from today to request your 3X to $15,000.

wrote:

Definitely do this ^

Congrats on the increase buddy! You'll have a 5 figure CL on that bad boy soon!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.