Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Amex plat.

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Finally Amex plat.

I've had the toughest time over the last year getting another amex after I realized the zync just wasn't what I thought it was. So I closed my zync a few months ago... Managed to talk myself into an app for the plat today, and I was finally approved. Not sure what the difference was, maybe it's because my zync would have been open for a year this month, or something else... For those of you with the zync, hard limit or not, and want another amex, you may find closing it and waiting the 90 days is the best option... Now to figure out what to do with my jpm select....

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally Amex plat.

Congrats, I would PC the JPM Select into CSP.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on the plat.  I read on the board that they are PC'ing Zync to Green or Gold though ....for those who do not want to close their cards.  Congrats again!

Message 3 of 13
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats! 

Message 4 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Very nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Are they pc'ing now for Zync holders?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 13
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Congrats! 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 7 of 13
beb86
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 8 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Are they pc'ing now for Zync holders?

One person posted they heard that from a CSR, numerous other people have said that they heard the opposite. Someone reported talking to the exec office (either yesterday or today) and they said no such thing was happening, and that for now, there are no plans of doing anything for zync cardholders. 

Message 9 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.