Re: Finally Approved USAA Cash Rewards Amex

Congrats and enjoy your new card!

Message 71 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They pulled Experian.

What is ur AAoA? Ulti? I have 30 months on AAoA and Ulti at 9.5 percent, got the classic amex in december, wanting a visa in may, usaa told me to wait 6 months, so to apply in Late May or early June. 

Message 72 of 90
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Baller4Life.  I got the USAA Rate Advantage Visa today

for $7K SL but got soundly rejected for the new BlisPay Visa.

Go figure, I  Heart  USAA!!!!  Thank your Dad for his Service for me!!!

Is the Rate Advantage only available to full members? I'm a partial member and the only credit cards that show up for me are the Cash Rewards, USAA Rewards, and the the Military Affiliate card.

FWIW, I'm not a "full member"/not eligible for their insurance (my father hasn't purchased a policy yet) but I'm able to see/apply for the rate advantage, so YMMV.

usaa3.jpg

Message 73 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the Rate Advantage only available to full members? I'm a partial member and the only credit cards that show up for me are the Cash Rewards, USAA Rewards, and the the Military Affiliate card.

FWIW, I'm not a "full member"/not eligible for their insurance (my father hasn't purchased a policy yet) but I'm able to see/apply for the rate advantage, so YMMV.

usaa3.jpg

I can see that too but for some reason I get this message when I go to apply: "The system is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later." and I don't get that for the other cards, so I don't think it's just a temporary error. Not a big deal though, I think I'd prefer the Cash Back Visa.

Message 74 of 90
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

usaa3.jpg

I can see that too but for some reason I get this message when I go to apply: "The system is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later." and I don't get that for the other cards, so I don't think it's just a temporary error. Not a big deal though, I think I'd prefer the Cash Back Visa.

I'm honestly thinking it's a glitch, or else it wouldn't give you the button to apply (plus, I've never heard of anybody being told by a CSR that they were restricted to applying for only certain cards). 

When I go to check prices on their insurance, I get a very clear message that I'm not eligible, so if that was their intention for this specific credit card I suspect they would simply present a message that stated as such.  They aren't known to be shy about eligibility.

I agree with you, though, I like their cash back card over this one.  I prefer NFCU for my low-APR card.  Smiley Wink

Message 75 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if we are able to get insurance for auto and rental insurance than we are full time members?

Message 76 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

usaa3.jpg

I'm honestly thinking it's a glitch, or else it wouldn't give you the button to apply (plus, I've never heard of anybody being told by a CSR that they were restricted to applying for only certain cards). 

When I go to check prices on their insurance, I get a very clear message that I'm not eligible, so if that was their intention for this specific credit card I suspect they would simply present a message that stated as such.  They aren't known to be shy about eligibility.

I agree with you, though, I like their cash back card over this one.  I prefer NFCU for my low-APR card.  Smiley Wink

I think I just get the bare minimum offerings, as I don't see the Build Credit tab either. I'm grandfathered in from when their banking products were open to anyone. I've heard their underwriting criteria is quite strict, so I'll wait a while longer before I go for the Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature.

Message 77 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

usaa3.jpg

I think I just get the bare minimum offerings, as I don't see the Build Credit tab either. I'm grandfathered in from when their banking products were open to anyone. I've heard their underwriting criteria is quite strict, so I'll wait a while longer before I go for the Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Signature.

If you are a full-time member do you have better chances of getting there cards? I am guessing I am a full-time member and I currently have credit-building classic AMEX with them, wanting to go to another USAA CC soon.

Message 78 of 90
UncleB
Credit Mentor

LAKings wrote

That's interesting, because I'm in the exact same situation (being grandfathered).  Until my father buys a policy, that is.  One of these days I'll probably just buy one for him... LOL.

@Anonymous wrote:

So if we are able to get insurance for auto and rental insurance than we are full time members?

My most definitions, yes. 

Back when anybody could get their bank products, folks who weren't insurance eligible were said to not be 'full' members.  Now that bank products are no longer available to the general public this distinction is slowly going away (other than for folks who like myself who are 'grandfathered'). 

There is also a little-mentioned difference in the insurance offerings between military members and members who are eligible through a parent; while both are "insurance-eligible", there is an internal distinction made with differences in pricing as well.  It's beyond the scope of this post, but you can check google for more info (surprisingly, the Wikipedia article is quite informative on this).

Message 79 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

LAKings wrote

That's interesting, because I'm in the exact same situation (being grandfathered).  Until my father buys a policy, that is.  One of these days I'll probably just buy one for him... LOL.

@Anonymous wrote:

My most definitions, yes. 

Back when anybody could get their bank products, folks who weren't insurance eligible were said to not be 'full' members.  Now that bank products are no longer available to the general public this distinction is slowly going away (other than for folks who like myself who are 'grandfathered'). 

There is also a little-mentioned difference in the insurance offerings between military members and members who are eligible through a parent; while both are "insurance-eligible", there is an internal distinction made with differences in pricing as well.  It's beyond the scope of this post, but you can check google for more info (surprisingly, the Wikipedia article is quite informative on this).

Yea I got USAA when I joined the Army 6 years ago, Love USAA. Hoping soon to upgrade to a better CC instead of this classic lol

Message 80 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.