baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Finally Approved USAA Cash Rewards Amex

They pulled EQ for me as well.
Message 82 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned earlier, this is what I see when I am logged into my USAA account...and I'm a partial member. I see the Rate Advantage Visa Platinum, but it won't let me apply for that one. I'll get the Cash Rewards anyway. But I wonder if this means I won't ever see a targeted offer like someone had in another thread with an intro APR?

Message 83 of 90
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I guess third time is the charm! Smiley LOL After two prior denials for USAA due to a couple old EQ baddies that were hanging on, I was approved just now for $7k on the 2.25% cashback on groceries Cash Rewards Amex. Thanks msbia! Been a USAA member for awhile thanks to dear ole Dad. And now I'm finally a cardholder! Oh happy day! Smiley Very Happy

One more app next week(Amex SimplyCash Plus) then back to the garden for the rest of the year! Smiley Wink

Big congrats on your USAA approval, baller!!  Also, congrats on your recent PenFed approval!!!  You have shown such patience and perseverance - you deserve all that you have achieved.  Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 84 of 90
baller4life
Super Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

I guess third time is the charm! Smiley LOL After two prior denials for USAA due to a couple old EQ baddies that were hanging on, I was approved just now for $7k on the 2.25% cashback on groceries Cash Rewards Amex. Thanks msbia! Been a USAA member for awhile thanks to dear ole Dad. And now I'm finally a cardholder! Oh happy day! Smiley Very Happy

One more app next week(Amex SimplyCash Plus) then back to the garden for the rest of the year! Smiley Wink

Big congrats on your USAA approval, baller!!  Also, congrats on your recent PenFed approval!!!  You have shown such patience and perseverance - you deserve all that you have achieved.  Smiley Happy

Thank you so much! I finally got cards from the two lenders I really wanted! Smiley Happy

Message 85 of 90
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Congrats on the USAA Amex! Interesting that they kept using the EQ to make a decision, but the FICO score provided by USAA is EX.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 86 of 90
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Lenders rarely use the "free score" they provide as a means of determining credit worthiness. (Most are Fako, or a proprietary blend).

That being said, I *believe* USAA uses true Experian FICO for their free score. So I guess in areas where they pull EX for apps, the free score you see might actually align.

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 87 of 90
baller4life
Super Contributor

Some areas they do pull EX for credit. Others still EQ.
Message 88 of 90
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Some areas they do pull EX for credit. Others still EQ.

Usaa pulled EX For my approval. 

Message 89 of 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Method2Madness wrote:

Lenders rarely use the "free score" they provide as a means of determining credit worthiness. (Most are Fako, or a proprietary blend).

That being said, I *believe* USAA uses true Experian FICO for their free score. So I guess in areas where they pull EX for apps, the free score you see might actually align.

That is a FAKO, not FICO. But yeah, USAA always pull EQ.

Message 90 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.