Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Approved for AMEX!!!

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Finally Approved for AMEX!!!

So I've been frequently going to the AMEX pre-approval site just to see if I'll pre-qualify some day. Yesterday, I was actually pre-approved!! I know I should've waited until my Wells Fargo card reported a lower balance since I paid it down to $300 instead of the $781 it's reporting, but I'm just too impatient. I hit that apply button and APPROVED!! Only $500, but man does it feel good! Not sure what changed, but it might have been one of my old student loan accounts being deleted that did the trick. I still have 2 accounts with 120+ lates (from 7 years ago), and 2 accounts in collections (at least for Experian, which they pulled, and are also 7 years old).

Just wanted to share some data points for others! You can also see what other cards/loans I have in my siggy, and I use the AZEO method.

Applied For:  American Express Blue Cash Everyday

CRA Pulled:  Experian

Score:  651

Lates/Collections:  2 accounts showing 120+ from 7 years ago/2 accounts (medical) from 7 years ago

Approved:  $500

LOVE YOU GUYS!! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Approved for AMEX!!!

Congrats and welcome to the AMEX family!!! Enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and welcome to the AMEX family!

Message 3 of 45
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Use the heck out of it, PIF, then do it again!!  Good luck in 61 days!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 4 of 45
gabeerwin
Contributor

Congrats!  That is a positive start with Amex... nice work!

Message 5 of 45
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@JustBPatient wrote:

Use the heck out of it, PIF, then do it again!!  Good luck in 61 days!!

Was just about to ask how long I should wait before asking for a CLI. This is the last card I wanted, so I'm definitely going to be sippin some hot apple cider in the garden for a while. I've been using my Discover IT card in place of my debit card and just PIF on that one. Now I'm going to have to split it between my AMEX and Discover so I can get CLI on both. It's a little harder keeping track of how much money I have doing it this way, but I make sure I only spend what I actually have in my bank account. I can't believe I'm being such an adult and making responsible decisions! Feels pretty good!

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Q on joining the Amex club.

And thank you for sharing the DPs. 

Message 7 of 45
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Way to go!!! So happy for you!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 8 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex BCE approval! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 45
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. For the accounts showing from 7 years ago, have you tried EE for them?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.