Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Approved for Kohl's Store Card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Approved for Kohl's Store Card!

I applied a little over 30 days ago for the Kohl's card and was denied. Initially, I was going to wait until Black Friday in November to reapply hoping my low credit scores will be a little higher. However, after checking CK and TU, I noticed that two of my charged off credit cards that were making my utilization percentage 163% was no longer being factored into my credit card utilization. To date, I still don't know why that happened! The cards are not in collections and are still unpaid with FP Bank. I'm not going to stress over it. I'm just happy that everything has been adjusted and I will wait patiently for them to fall off my credit report.

After finding out this info, I went on a mini app spree to see if I would get any approvals. My credit card utilization is still high (98%)...I'm paying off the balances in July.  In spite of, Comenity Bank was really good to me! Small limits, but a start and I'm keeping the utilization 10% or less per month just to keep the cards open. So this past Friday, I got to thinking...I wonder if Cap1 will give me that Kohl's card now. Gave it a shot again...applied online and received instant approval for $300!!! I'm super excited. This limit is more than enough for me. I shop Kohl's a lot during the holidays and have always missed out on additional savings due to needing to have the card.

Thanks to everyone! If it wasn't for this forum, I probably wouldn't have stepped out on faith with another app, especially since I had applied 30 days ago and received a denial.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally Approved for Kohl's Store Card!

Congratulations!! An approval no matter the amount is always better than a Denial!!!!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you!  Enjoy all of your new cards!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Congrats
Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 4 of 18
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats! 3 k is the highest limit you can get on that card.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 5 of 18
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. You might be eligible for a CLI close to black Friday.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Most of their cards seem to start at $300.  But there is room for growth.  I started off at $300 a couple years ago, and am currently at $2500.

Not even sure I'm going to try for any more CLI luv, as the CL maxxes at $3k.

I'd say try for a CLI right before Black Friday (you actually have to send an email to Cap 1 via the website to get a CLI, but like I said, it grows if you take the time)

Message 9 of 18
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.