cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Approved for Kohl's Store Card!

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally Approved for Kohl's Store Card!

I burned them 27 years ago and they still won't forgive me!

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.

Most of their cards seem to start at $300.  But there is room for growth.  I started off at $300 a couple years ago, and am currently at $2500.

Not even sure I'm going to try for any more CLI luv, as the CL maxxes at $3k.

I'd say try for a CLI right before Black Friday (you actually have to send an email to Cap 1 via the website to get a CLI, but like I said, it grows if you take the time)

Is it a SP?

Message 12 of 18
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

I burned them 27 years ago and they still won't forgive me!

LOL, that sucks!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 13 of 18
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Just an FYI, sometimes when a CO shows the credit limit and the charged off balance, FICO includes that in your utilization, so that's why that happened to you...

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.

Most of their cards seem to start at $300.  But there is room for growth.  I started off at $300 a couple years ago, and am currently at $2500.

Not even sure I'm going to try for any more CLI luv, as the CL maxxes at $3k.

I'd say try for a CLI right before Black Friday (you actually have to send an email to Cap 1 via the website to get a CLI, but like I said, it grows if you take the time)

Is it a SP?

It is.  (I should add that a SP is NEVER guaranteed, but I have never heard of anyone getting a HP on a CLI for this or any other Cap One card).

Also, I went ahead and pulled the trigger, and now am maxxed out at a $3k CL on this acct.  It definitely grows (at least until now) if you regularly hit the LUV button.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@surferchris wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

Just an FYI, sometimes when a CO shows the credit limit and the charged off balance, FICO includes that in your utilization, so that's why that happened to you...

The weird thing is...the credit limits are still showing. Nothing changed about the reporting except for the utilization.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

I believe you have to have the card 6 months before you are eligible for an increase, atleast thats what they sited as the denial in my letter.

I love that they have a luv button now, its even avialble in their app!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.