Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Approved for a Big Girl Card! $12K SL post BK

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Finally Approved for a Big Girl Card! $12K SL post BK

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL IKR and First Premier tried to warn me that cancelling would drop my credit score so keep it open. I was like nope, I'm done paying monthly fees on a card I don't even use.

It would drop your score if your utilization went up, but that would only be until the disco reports. It also won't affect you if you aren't carrying any balances.

Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't wait. By then, I should have another inquiry fall off and then I can keep rebuilding.

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I'm just so happy and excited. I wouldn't never guessed they'd give that limit. I've been begging Capital One for an increase for as long as I can remember lol every once in a while, they'll give me $100 to shut me up.

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not carry any balances. My UTI is 1% right now as I'm authorized user on Best Buy card but the balance should be paid off next month.

Message 24 of 44
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have been coming to this forum for a while now and watching all of your wonderful stories! All of you have motivated me to get my credit back in shape and just go for it!

I filed Ch7 back in March 2010. Immediately after, I got approved for subprime lenders for both car and credit cards. 

I didn't open a lot of accounts immediately but just maintained the three credit cards I had.

I've tried my hardest not to apply for any new accounts because I feared being rejected.

After about 1,000 (exaggeration) letters for Discover, I finally decided to go for it.

Thanks to this forum, I learned about the pre-qualify offers. They offered me any card but I chose the It Cashback since this quarter is Paypal and I do a lot of online shopping.

To my surprise, I was immediately approved (I was still waiting for the decline).

I went back to check the status of my application and it said my credit limit was $12,000!!! This is the highest limit I have ever had on any card.

Immediately, I called to cancel that shark --- First Premier. Whew! Thank goodness that is over!

But I just had to hop on and tell you all the good news. There is definitely still hope!

Congratulations on the approval and limit!

On Fire.gif

Message 25 of 44
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not carry any balances. My UTI is 1% right now as I'm authorized user on Best Buy card but the balance should be paid off next month.

Then closing the card will do nothing to you, and even if it did, will be fixed as soon as the disco reports.

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was ready to take the hit if it did. I had to pay a monthly maintenance fee and annual fee. They offered a $25 credit but that didn't even cover a year's worth of the monthly fees or the annual fee. Then they said they'd leave the account open for 90 days in case I decided to change my mind. LOL nope! Not changing.

Message 27 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! I applied today too and they gave me a SL of $13K! I was shocked!
Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! And good work on those scores! Now update that siggy!!!

Message 29 of 44
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Fantastic and welcome to myFico Smiley Happy
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.