Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Approved for a Big Girl Card! $12K SL post BK

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Finally Approved for a Big Girl Card! $12K SL post BK

Congratulations! That’s an awesome limit.

Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Disco approval and killer SL!!
Message 32 of 44
kaw943
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone!

I have been coming to this forum for a while now and watching all of your wonderful stories! All of you have motivated me to get my credit back in shape and just go for it!

I filed Ch7 back in March 2010. Immediately after, I got approved for subprime lenders for both car and credit cards. 

I didn't open a lot of accounts immediately but just maintained the three credit cards I had.

I've tried my hardest not to apply for any new accounts because I feared being rejected.

After about 1,000 (exaggeration) letters for Discover, I finally decided to go for it.

Thanks to this forum, I learned about the pre-qualify offers. They offered me any card but I chose the It Cashback since this quarter is Paypal and I do a lot of online shopping.

To my surprise, I was immediately approved (I was still waiting for the decline).

I went back to check the status of my application and it said my credit limit was $12,000!!! This is the highest limit I have ever had on any card.

Immediately, I called to cancel that shark --- First Premier. Whew! Thank goodness that is over!

But I just had to hop on and tell you all the good news. There is definitely still hope!

Congrats my fellow chitown citizen.... 

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 33 of 44
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new Disco and awesome SL!

Message 34 of 44
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approval and excellent SL!!! Your persistence has paid off and rewarded you nicely!  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all very much!
Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went back to check the status of my application and it said my credit limit was $12,000!!! This is the highest limit I have ever had on any card.

Immediately, I called to cancel that shark --- First Premier. Whew! Thank goodness that is over!

Congrats on the great Disco approval!

But kicking First Premier to the curb is even better!  Guess they're better than nothing when you have bad credit, but monthly fees?  What a scam.

Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes and they even charged a fee for credit limit increases too!
Message 38 of 44
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations!! I applied today too and they gave me a SL of $13K! I was shocked!

You just had to one up her, huh? LOL HeartHeartHeart

Ok more like $1,000 up... Smiley Very Happy

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for rofl

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.