cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Barclays gives me a sad increase.

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Finally Barclays gives me a sad increase.

I've had them 14 months SL $1000.  Score has gone up like 65 points since. 

I put good spend on the account $500/800 a month always Pif 

Log in today hoping for a decent increase and I see they raised it $400. This is my lowest limit card. Sh&t Credit one gives me more love lol. 

Can i call and try to talk to an under writer? Or something? With out trying for one with a Hp. I've already called and tried the lower apr. Which they did, but had no increase offer. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Finally Barclays gives me a sad increase.

I always say something beats nothing or a blank but i feel for you with that from them.

If that's their idea of the best they can do for you at this time then i wouldn't burn or waste a perfectly good HP on what likely wouldn't come close to what you might be better off getting on a new card with someone else.

That's your call.

Message 2 of 17
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Instead of trying a hard pull for a increase. I think I'll get a lot more by apping for Barclay Arrival plus. Want another Miles card.

Wish I could get a Venture. Nothing on the pre-qualifier tho.
My Fico 04's are only Eq668 Tu704 Ex 667
Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Message 3 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@My_Fako wrote:
Instead of trying a hard pull for a increase. I think I'll get a lot more by apping for Barclay Arrival plus. Want another Miles card.

Wish I could get a Venture. Nothing on the pre-qualifier tho.
My Fico 04's are only Eq668 Tu704 Ex 667

Best of Luck on a satisfactory result when you do.

Message 4 of 17
My_Fako
Established Contributor

You think my Fico 04's are high enough? For "Venture "

Message 5 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI every bit helps 

This worked for me the key is getting transferred from regular CSR's 

Call and ask for a APR reduction if successfully transferred good ....good luck 

No matter yes or no on APR rate ask about SP CLI before call ends 

Good luck and let us know 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@My_Fako wrote:

Log in today hoping for a decent increase and I see they raised it $400. This is my lowest limit card. Sh&t Credit one gives me more love lol. 

Can i call and try to talk to an under writer? Or something? With out trying for one with a Hp. I've already called and tried the lower apr. Which they did, but had no increase offer. 

Yes you can call one of their credit analyst numbers in Backdoor Numbers post, and they might give you a little bit better CLI.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@My_Fako wrote:

Yes you can call one of their credit analyst numbers in Backdoor Numbers post, and they might give you a little bit better CLI.

For a HP. They will definitely pull an INQ and even that it's no guarantee they will approve, and most assuredly won't be much but it's totally up to the dice thrower but odds are in Barclays favor.

OP states he has put adequate spend through that card for an extended period of time and that only yielded $400.

Message 8 of 17
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I'm just taking the "Piss on Ex wife" decal  off the Jeep... Replaceing it with a "Piss on Barclay's decal..

Message 9 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That stickers gotta be popular in BostonSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.