cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Capital One Recognized Me QSx2 CLI increase!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Capital One Recognized Me QSx2 CLI increase!!

Al Right Boys and Girls

Here are a few points

First I had a Capital one secured card from 2012 had a credit limit of 200(Manually increased to 350)

Never missed a payment. I run alot of money through this card the last 6 months. Today got a increase to 4850! Also this Card as updated to a Quick Silver 1 Last July

Had a second Platinum Card started around 2014 with a 1000 SL and Went through their steps program and it graduated to 1500 within the first few months. Has since upgraded to Quick Silver 1 Fall of 2018

Things to mention.

I was around 560 scrore last year. 

I was added as an AU on a Barclays card 6500 Limit

I got a Discover Secured Card

Opened up a Self Lender Account

Added 24 Months of Rental History via RentReports

Sitting at around 650 right no

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Finally Capital One Recognized Me QSx2 CLI increase!!

Congrats!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic increase and well done on the huge score improvement.  It looks like your work is paying off.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wowwww...that’s HUGE for capital one👏

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I’ve been a lurker the past month of so, finally registered. I was going to post questions because I was at my wits end. I was considering merging them together then a CSR from cap recommended not because the second account is pretty seasoned as well.

Still can’t believe my 200 starter secured card hit 4850 in like one shot. I guess the government shutdown really ended 😂
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... Still can’t believe my 200 starter secured card hit 4850 in like one shot ...

Congratulations! BM on the great CLI. Do I have the facts correct: you went from 200 secured CL to 4850 unsecured CL in one transaction? If so, you must have been putting a helluva lot of spend on that 200 card, yes? 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

the 200 card as open as secured in summer of 2012. I did a manuel increase of 50$ sometime after that(before they took manual increases away.) In July of 2017 I got upgraded to unsecured and they returned my 149 deposit as a credit statement. At This time I think this card ent through their steps program and I ended up getting 100$ increase. It went solidly from 350-4850.

I can tell you this, I run an ecommerce business and wanted a card with perks and I have now made up my mind that I was going to run everything through my cards. 

Sometimes I would make a payment for 200$ on my card just to buy somthing worth 200$. So I could get the points LOL.

They app has a cool feature were you can pay with your debit card and the funds are general available within seconds. I have since taken large advantage of they perk and have since earned about 400$ cashback in the 6 months that I have had both QS1s

I'm going to save the cashback as my GF told me she was 7 weeks in as of a week ago 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... I'm going to save the cashback as my GF told me she was 7 weeks in as of a week ago 

Hey, Congratulation! If we could get a drink around this joint I'd buy you one. Hooray!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI's !!!!

Message 9 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.