Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally...Chase Sapphire Reserve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally...Chase Sapphire Reserve

Finally, in with Chase

I had previously been denied the Chase Sapphire Reserve card back in 2017…with no luck with recon.

I said back then I would not apply again…knowing the reason for the denial was for a previous late mortgage & credit card back in 2013. Both accounts were paid off …with only the mortgage being the only ding on my EQ report. My EX report is clean.

Fast forward to yesterday I decided to apply (against my better judgement..didn’t want to waste the HPs) and of course big fat DENIAL. Today, I received the denial letter in my inbox. (I have a Chase checking account). Knowing….I was never going to apply again, I gave to reconsideration line one more try. Call up and spoke with the rep…explain my reason for calling and he said he would look at the application for reconsideration. In reviewing my CR he stated “you have plenty of credit, why do you need this card”. In short…I just said I don’t need the card, because I travel a lot, it would be nice to enjoy some of the benefits. So after 30 minutes of Q&A….he came back and said I was APPROVED for SL of $10,000!!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally...Chase Sapphire Reserve

Congrats on the successful recon!

Message 2 of 37
Aim_High
Super Contributor

A W E S O M E !!  Smiley Very Happy 

waytogo.jpg

Welcome to the Sapphire Reserve!

It's a great card.  Good job hanging in there to make it happen! 

Like you said, Chase can be difficult at times but overall I think

it offers some great cards and service. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 3 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Gotta love the high horse Chase lives onSmiley Wink Congrats and great replySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval, dasingleton! Chase Bank has always been a bank that didn't make much sense to me with their approval criteria. I applied last year for an entry level card and they declined me for a $700 collection account for an apartment complex 5 years prior. Glad to see it worked in your favor!
Message 5 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats & Welcome to the Chase familySmiley Happy

Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the specific reasons for the denial yesterday?  It can't be for a late mortgage payment in 2010 since that should no longer appear on your credit report.  So that leaves the nebulous "credit card." Was it a charge off?  Was it a Chase card?

Given what appears to be your solid credit profile, I'm curious why you were only approved for the bare minimum credit limit on a card that is hard to grow.

Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! The CSR is a great card for travel benefits and my primary spend driver. Many enjoyable trips in the future...with the CSR, UR ready (sorry...needed to pun there)!

Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the successful recon!

Thanks Hasselfree

Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

A W E S O M E !!  Smiley Very Happy 

waytogo.jpg

Welcome to the Sapphire Reserve!

It's a great card.  Good job hanging in there to make it happen! 

Like you said, Chase can be difficult at times but overall I think

it offers some great cards and service. 

Thanks Aim_High.  Yes, definitely glad I didn't give up.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.