Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally...Chase Sapphire Reserve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally...Chase Sapphire Reserve

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, Gotta love the high horse Chase lives onSmiley Wink Congrats and great replySmiley Happy

Thanks AJC.  Yes, Chase does think high of themselves!

Message 11 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 😊
Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the approval, dasingleton! Chase Bank has always been a bank that didn't make much sense to me with their approval criteria. I applied last year for an entry level card and they declined me for a $700 collection account for an apartment complex 5 years prior. Glad to see it worked in your favor!

Thanks jordandhale95. Chase has always been a mystery to me. Some people love them or hate them. I was starting to hate them...now I just like them a little :-)

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Congrats & Welcome to the Chase familySmiley Happy

Thanks M_Smart007

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What are the specific reasons for the denial yesterday?  It can't be for a late mortgage payment in 2010 since that should no longer appear on your credit report.  So that leaves the nebulous "credit card." Was it a charge off?  Was it a Chase card?

Given what appears to be your solid credit profile, I'm curious why you were only approved for the bare minimum credit limit on a card that is hard to grow.

Correction....late mortgage payment was in 2013. The specific reason was "delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"  The CC was a charge off and it was a Chase card. It was paid off and no longer appeared on the CR but I am sure it remained in Chase's internal system.   The only ding on my report is the Chase mortgage.  The mortgage was paid off in 2015.  I was expecting a little higher SL but I am just happy for the approval.

Message 15 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval! The CSR is a great card for travel benefits and my primary spend driver. Many enjoyable trips in the future...with the CSR, UR ready (sorry...needed to pun there)!

Thanks dberryhill. lol  Definitely looking forward to enjoying the benefits. I have several trips planned for 2020.

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your approval! 😊

Thanks StartingStrong

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What are the specific reasons for the denial yesterday?  It can't be for a late mortgage payment in 2010 since that should no longer appear on your credit report.  So that leaves the nebulous "credit card." Was it a charge off?  Was it a Chase card?

Given what appears to be your solid credit profile, I'm curious why you were only approved for the bare minimum credit limit on a card that is hard to grow.

Correction....late mortgage payment was in 2013. The specific reason was "delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank"  The CC was a charge off and it was a Chase card. It was paid off and no longer appeared on the CR but I am sure it remained in Chase's internal system.   The only ding on my report is the Chase mortgage.  The mortgage was paid off in 2015.  I was expecting a little higher SL but I am just happy for the approval.

Thanks for the clarification.  With the updated datapoints I guess I can understand Chase's reasoning for the starting credit limit.

Message 18 of 37
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Solid card!  Congrats on the approval.  Kind of funny that what started out as a denial ended up being a $10k starting limit after recon.  

Minion Congrats.gif

Message 19 of 37
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the card and selling him on your answers.. UW reviews can be brutal and you won one with one of the tougher reconsiderations..  Kudos to you Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.