Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 23
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally! Discover CLI after 2 years

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:

I got approved for my a second Disco card a couple of years ago. I've primarily used it for balance transfers and have not been able to get a CLI. 

I requested the increase and was surprised to see that they approved it! It was 2.5K, which isn't a lot to some, but it felt like a million given the fact that this card has NOT increased since I got it.

Congratulations 🎉🎊 on the CLI.  Awesome

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 23
kickhard88
Contributor

congrats im in the same boat first discover card hasnt grown, applied for a second one got approve at 4k within a year its at 10k think it has somthing to do with me taking out cash advances on my first card dont think discover likes that

Message 13 of 23
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congratson your Discover CLI . . . it took me over one year to get an increase!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 14 of 23
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:

I got approved for my a second Disco card a couple of years ago. I've primarily used it for balance transfers and have not been able to get a CLI. 

I requested the increase and was surprised to see that they approved it! It was 2.5K, which isn't a lot to some, but it felt like a million given the fact that this card has NOT increased since I got it.

@SweetCreditObsession Yayyyy, that is a definite celebration!  My first Disco was a secured $200 at first. I was so happy to have a quality cc in my wallet.  After 6 months Disco rewarded me by unsecuring the card, sending me my $200 in 3 days and raising the limit to $K.  I was so happy to see my initial $200 investment turn into a great long term relationship with a great institution.  However, lol, I have not been given any extra love since!  Enjoy!!!

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 23
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@IamWesty12 - thanks! I agree with you that Disco can be generous. This is my 2nd Disco. They've updated my first Disco roughly every six months because I've got an interesting profile. I've heard that some see an increase every 3 months. 

This second Disco hasn't grown the entire time that I've had it so I'm happy to see this movement.

Best wishes on your growth!

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 16 of 23
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@kickhard88 - How long have you had the first Disco? I got my first about six years ago and it grew gradually but it was pretty steady. I've had the second one for a couple of years and there was no movement. I don't know if it has to do with my credit profile or if Disco's been more conservative.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 17 of 23
kickhard88
Contributor

first discover will be three years in february just hit the luv button no soup guess i'll try again in january i stop taking cash advances so see if that helps any

Message 18 of 23
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@IamWesty12 - I'm glad that you've seen growth and love from Disco. Those are interesting DPs. How long have you had your Disco that unsecured?

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 19 of 23
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

@babygirl1256 - a year feels like an eternity, especially when you read about others that get a CLI within six months. Hang in there and keep asking~

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.