Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Discover!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Discover!!!!

I've been wanting the Discover IT ever since it came out and they've denied me 3 times in past years. I finally hit 700+ across the board and thought I'd try one last app before putting my reports on ice and voila!...instant for $4,500! Honestly, I would have been happy with 1K just to have my foot in the door.

Data points:

1.6 years AAoA

no derogs

pulled EQ only 718

6 INQ

7% Util

disco.jpg

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Finally Discover!!!!

BooooYaaaa! and a good starting limit. I got mine in 2009 with a $900.00  limit.

Congrats!

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Berk wrote:

BooooYaaaa! and a good starting limit. I got mine in 2009 with a $900.00  limit.

Congrats!

Thanks! I'll bet with your pretty scores, your discover must have really grown by now!

Message 3 of 23
Berk
Established Contributor

It has indeed by 4,111% or so.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 5 of 23
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

Sorry you had to waste so many HP's to get in. I would suggest run some spend through the IT for the first 91 days, then request a CLI. Hopefully they'll give you another 4k and 31 days after that they'll give you another 4k and then you'll really know those HP's counted.

Congrats on your nice approval.

By the way I'm giving examples from what personally happened with me, I started at 1K, went to 5K, 9K, 13K and finally 16K all from SP's. I was denied once by Discover and then approved 7 months later. Once your in and spending things can go well.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joeaseer wrote:

Sorry you had to waste so many HP's to get in. I would suggest run some spend through the IT for the first 91 days, then request a CLI. Hopefully they'll give you another 4k and 31 days after that they'll give you another 4k and then you'll really know those HP's counted.

Congrats on your nice approval.

By the way I'm giving examples from what personally happened with me, I started at 1K, went to 5K, 9K, 13K and finally 16K all from SP's. I was denied once by Discover and then approved 7 months later. Once your in and spending things can go well.

Thank you so much for the data points! Half of my existing INQs on EQ were from them LOL. They are definitely going to get some PIF spend from me, especially while amazon is a bonus category. I buy a great deal of supplies there for work. I have the amazon prime card, but with the cashback match, discover is going to be getting my normal amazon love for quite some time! I hope my luck turns out as good as your with the CLIs.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. I love my Discover card.  I don't know why they were crazy enough to approve me when they did, but I'm happy.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations. I love my Discover card.  I don't know why they were crazy enough to approve me when they did, but I'm happy.

Thank you! Honestly, looking back, they would have had to have been crazy to approve me the first 3 times I apped. I didn't know anything about credit or HPs back then or sadly, even what my score was.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I LOVE this card. Haven't had the chance to grow it yet but I hope it does Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.