cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally I am in with American Express and 2 card approved!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally I am in with American Express and 2 card approved!!!!

Thanks I am excited to watch them grow! Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey I had a question, so about the Amex Hilton Honors Surpass card I got approved for $1,000 but to get the 100k honors points I need to spend $3k in 3 months, this is much harder to do with a limit of only $1k because putting all my bills on this card its challenging to pay off $1,000 per month rather than at least having a 3k limit where I have the freedom to carry a balance as long as I pay bills and stuff I would normally purchase and be able to hit the $3k in 3 months.

My question is does anyone know of a Recon Number or any Amex number that specifically help people in this situation where basically I am asking to a credit limit increase for this situation?

Also this card gets to me tomorrow.

AMEX isn't going to give you anymore than they already gave you. Your lucky you have what they gave you. Your going to remain in semi toy limit hell until you go to the garden.

Chase is going to AA you if you don't put the brakes on.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

How bad are those 2 baddies, if you don't mind me asking?

Trying to get in with AMEX, but I have one major baddie that I can't clean up to AMEX's level of satisfaction...

Message 13 of 22
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrts on your approvals OP

Looking at your BCE all BCEs are $0 AF.  Its the BCP that has the $95 AF

You also did not get the spend bonus so basically, all you got was the card with no signup bonus.

My qustion

OP got the BCE with no frill, no bonus. Being that the Amex lifetime restriction is on bonus and not on the card (op can open multiple BCE accountds if he wishes )

OP might still be eligible for a signup bonus in the future if he wanted to reapply for another BCE. Ya think ?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase will AA me? What does that mean I'm sorry guys some of your acronyms I am not familiar with.

And the 2 baddies on my report are 2 collections that only show on my EXPERIAN but not on the other 2 they are both from over 2 years ago one is for $2,240 and the other for $1,200 and I have 8 late payments across 3 cards also from over 2 years ago, with 28% credit utilization and 14 inquaries at the time of approval for both AMEX

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase will AA me? What does that mean I'm sorry guys some of your acronyms I am not familiar with. 

And the 2 baddies on my report are 2 collections that only show on my EXPERIAN but not on the other 2 they are both from over 2 years ago one is for $2,240 and the other for $1,200 and I have 8 late payments across 3 cards also from over 2 years ago, with 28% credit utilization and 14 inquaries at the time of approval for both AMEX

Congratulations! You should be delighted that AMEX approved you with a file like that. If I were you, I wouldn't give them a reason to revisit your Experian Credit File. Same goes with Chase.(A manual review of your EX file by AMEX or especially Chase could be disastrous).

AA means Adverse Action. Meaning Credit Line Decrease or Account Closures.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is very scary and unsettling Smiley Sad what would cause or trigger either of them to AA me ?
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That is very scary and unsettling Smiley Sad what would cause or trigger either of them to AA me ?

A manual review.. Asking Chase for a recon and getting an analyst who does not like your file on manual review. See`s the baddies the computer ignored and decides to shut all your Chase Cards down.

Same with AMEX.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh so that would happen during the recon correct? Because I tried to recon the chase united mileage plus card and he tried as best he could but said that because of all my inq he could not get the application approved this was 4-5 days ago though

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

oh so that would happen during the recon correct? Because I tried to recon the chase united mileage plus card and he tried as best he could but said that because of all my inq he could not get the application approved this was 4-5 days ago though

You got some good passes. Let all your accounts age and head to the garden for a minimum of 6 months.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.