cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally In the Amex Family! Amex Delta Gold Approved.

tag
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

Finally In the Amex Family! Amex Delta Gold Approved.

Woo-hoo...! Been waiting for this for awhile, but i checked MyFico report this weekend, my recent payments finally reflected to my EX score at 645.

WTH, I went over to Amex, checked the pre-qual page, and it showed preapprovial for Amex Delta Gold with a SL of $1000.

Not great, but not bad either.

Hopefully, I won't take TOO bad a hit to the EX report, but it should bounce back when it reports the new CL and further payment/utilzation gardening this month...I hope!

Anyway, I'm thinking of trying to go for the Hilton Honors Amex card, which I could REALLY use. Should I go for it now? Unfortunatly, Hilton doesn't have a pre-qual page, and i'm not sure how much Amex/Hilton is co-branded or they just use AmEx's payment system....Smiley Frustrated

Current Datapoints:

EQ 612

TU  639

EX 645 - Current score before Amex pull

Oldest card is a Cap 1 from 2015 (restricted)

2 Derogs - Fingerhut/Cellphone (Disputed, not removed yet)

0 Inq - Before Amex app.

Utilzation - 80% (I know!) Smiley Embarassed

Credit Line

2 MC $800

1 Visa $250

1 Discover $2000

1 SyncCare (Dental) $1000 (almost paid off)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally In the Amex Family! Amex Delta Gold Approved.

I got both of them an hour and a half apart on the same hard pull. The underwriting seems to be the same for both cards. I had no prequals, I just went for it at a 638EX. Advice - if you’re going for it, go for the Ascend. It has a $95 AF but it’s worth it with the imparted Gold status and higher earnings structure for points. YMMV on results as always, but in my case it paid off. I got the Ascend a few months later and wish I had just gotten it the first go-round. I’ll close my base card at the end of the year and just keep the Ascend.

Congrats on the DG and welcome to the family Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval
Message 3 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Never worry about the SL with Amex. It will grow fast 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 9
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Congrats! Never worry about the SL with Amex. It will grow fast 

Oh, I'm okay with it!

If I follow through with the 3x CLI idea, I'm sure I'll be able to get it bumped up to maybe $5k - I'll use the card, but not more than 50% and PIF before the statement cuts.so I should have a better score in 60 days - assuming I didn't get crunched for these card!Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 9
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got both of them an hour and a half apart on the same hard pull. The underwriting seems to be the same for both cards. I had no prequals, I just went for it at a 638EX. Advice - if you’re going for it, go for the Ascend. It has a $95 AF but it’s worth it with the imparted Gold status and higher earnings structure for points. YMMV on results as always, but in my case it paid off. I got the Ascend a few months later and wish I had just gotten it the first go-round. I’ll close my base card at the end of the year and just keep the Ascend.

Congrats on the DG and welcome to the family Smiley Happy

Thanks again!

Yeah, well before I read your post (maybe a hour after getting the DG card) I hopped over to Hilton website, logged in and apped for the HH Base Amex...Got it with the same limit and *hopefully*, with the same HP. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Amex approval!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crossing fingers for ya - mine was one HP so hopefully yours is too.
Message 8 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats. Don't fall for the 3x hype, especially with a $1000 SL. You're looking minimum 6 months and maybe a 2x

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.