Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally - NFCU Flagship :)

tag
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Re: Finally - NFCU Flagship :)

@TekkenQQ7 

For what it's worth when I joined these forums it was really made clear to me that Navy is a CU that highly values relationships.  To that end when I joined them in Jan 2020 I moved almost all of my DD to them and I make another 2k or so worth of deposits each month on top of that (I pay most of our household bills and my DH and I prefer to keep separate accounts).

I apped the CashRewards in Jan 2020, got a 3900$ CL.

I apped the MoreRewards in April 2020, got a $12,500 and a CLI on the cash rewards to $9900.

I requested a CLI on the More Rewards maybe 6 months later and only got to $13k.

Picked up a CLOC for $500 just to have the product with them.

Kept a small CD with them for a 12 month term.

Stopped applying for all credit cards in August 2020 because all I had left that I wanted was the Flagship and I wanted to be in good shape if a good SUB popped as the pandemic eased.

So it's been almost a year with no credit card apps (though I did purchase a car a few months back).

Not sure if any of this helps or not for other folks.  I'd estimated that after taxes I put around 75k through my account each year.  I don't keep much of a balance because I get better rates elsewhere, but they see the income/deposits.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 11 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Flagship approval Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7, Congrats on your NFCU Flagship approval.   Enjoy the 40K SUB !

Message 13 of 16
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 thanks for all of your help and encouragement.  I know I drove you crazy asking when the SUB would finally happen Smiley Very Happy

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 14 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@M_Smart007 thanks for all of your help and encouragement.  I know I drove you crazy asking when the SUB would finally happen Smiley Very Happy

@recoveringfrombk7, No worries, I was only wrong by 4 monthsSmiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 16
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Now that's an excellent Navy approval! 

Yep, Navy is the best, enjoy that new card and SUB!

Congratulations!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.