cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! PenFed Promise approved on recon!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Finally! PenFed Promise approved on recon!

A lot of you know that I've been wanting the coveted PF cc for awhile, and was on my list for next year, but my profile is so Egyptian!!! I've been declined probably 5 times over the last year since I joined in July 2015, for excessive inq/credit, which is true!! I don't deny that! Anyway.....applied yesterday, and denied. Call into tonight to "inquire" about checking acct and the Thrify LOC  with the same HP. Got to talking with the nice guy, and pretty much reconned the cc app. 

Guy calls back to UW, and like 5 min later comes back and says that they were able to approve my Promise Card for $500! I'm like... It's a start, and Thank you I'll take it!! ( knowing how they work as well in CLI, this card will grow within the year, so not concerned at all about the SL!!). Apr is 17.99%, but rep said I'd be able to get that down soon as well. 

They also approved me on the same HP to open checking, and approved me for Thrify LOC $500.  Im shocked actually, but I think I need to give credit to the rep who listened to my recon story and I think he put in a good word 😊. Definitely back to the garden now for awhile Smiley Happy

image.jpg

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally! PenFed Promise approved on recon!

Yeah Pizza!. Ive got same one same cl and Apr, my lowest haha, but hopefully when i have more time in with PF i can grow this one but im sure youll have it up and running in no timeSmiley Happy. Congrats on getting the cloc tooSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Pizza! Welcome to the Penfed fam! 

Message 3 of 12
tussking
Established Contributor

Awesome ! Great work on the recon ! I LOVE PENFED almost as much as NFCU. 

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 4 of 12
happypill
Valued Contributor

Awesome approval, Penfed has a great lineup of cards and other products.  Way to sweet talk the CSR!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats P. I am glad you were finally able to get approved. Welcome to PF.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congrats on your Penfed approval pizza1! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

SUPER CONGRATS! When I got on the boards this morning, I read about your other recent approvals before I saw this post, and, I thought, what about Penfed in 2017? Scared me for a moment! Very happy for you, pizza - you got in! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed is "a good IN" at any approval Level.  Congrats to You!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone, appreciate the supportSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.