Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally a CLI out of Cap1, but barely.

tag
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Finally a CLI out of Cap1, but barely.

Cap1 Qs1 started out as a steps platinum nearly 2 years ago. Originally $500, then $1300. After probably my 25th request this year this morning they caved and gave me a $500 bump to $1800. I cycled a ton of spend through this cars over the summer just to see if I could move the needle on it eventually. Rarely use it otherwise, in fact almost all of my spend goes on one of my Amex cards these days. Next challenge, get them to PC or close it before next AF. I can justify the fee with Amex gold, if I put all spend on the quicksilver one it’s still a positive cash back card, but it’s just not worth it even at just $39.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally a CLI out of Cap1, but barely.

Congrats on yer Cap1 CLISmiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 3 of 4
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Jkrause702 wrote:
Cap1 Qs1 started out as a steps platinum nearly 2 years ago. Originally $500, then $1300. After probably my 25th request this year this morning they caved and gave me a $500 bump to $1800. I cycled a ton of spend through this cars over the summer just to see if I could move the needle on it eventually. Rarely use it otherwise, in fact almost all of my spend goes on one of my Amex cards these days. Next challenge, get them to PC or close it before next AF. I can justify the fee with Amex gold, if I put all spend on the quicksilver one it’s still a positive cash back card, but it’s just not worth it even at just $39.

Congrats! This upgrade limk may be worthless, but is worth $40. If it works, no more AF

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.